To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

How long does it ususally take you guys to write a research paper?

edited November 2006 in General
I'm writing my final reseasrch paper right now. It should be about 16 pages long (double space). Do you guys thinking completing it in 6 hrs is realistic? I should of did it way ahead of time but yeah I had other projects and work so I'm in a difficult situation now.

Comments

• edited November 2006
    Well if all you have is 6 hours, then you'd better get started! Maybe this will encourage you to start sooner next time? I'm working on my research paper too... so I know how hard it is to sit down and make yourself work on it.

What class is it for?
  • edited November 2006
    Hhm... personally, it's not about the time you put on writing the research, but whether you have everything need to write the paper.

I mean, if you haven't even read the sources etc, then you're pretty screwed... But if you have read them and know what point is where and when to use it etc etc, it shouldn't take more than 6h.

I have personally written 8 pages in 1h, but I had all the notes done; what point to use when, and what to write for intro. I pretty much had it all, but just not in paper.

I don't know how many people do this, but here's a little tip to what I do when I write a paper:
    While reading the sources, write down all the important points that you are going to use and is relevant to your topic. After 3 or 4 sources, you pretty much have your paper ready, just gotta put it in words :)
  • edited November 2006
    Mengs is right, its more about the organization you do before writing the actual paper that is important. And honestly, 16 pages in 6 hours is dam unrealistic unless you pull some sneaky sneaky what class is it for?
  • edited November 2006
    I've been jacked like that b4 so I know how you feel

Just do it in parts. Write an Introduction, 4 body paragraps and a conclusion then just put them togethera and you got yourselfa pizza
  • edited November 2006
    It's for Educ 351. I don't think I'll walk away with an A now. The TA seems to mark pretty damn easy but maybe she won't be so kind when it comes to marking the research paper.

Leave a Comment