To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Hows the studying for finals going?

edited December 2006 in General
So has anyone started studying for finals yet? I'm swamped with work right now, I have 3 exams in one week bang bang bang... Im lucky I get to finish early but a part of me wishes I had more time to study. On top of that, my dad keeps making me shovel the driveway which is totally wasting my time. Hows your studying going so far and what does your study schedule look like?

Comments

• edited November 2006
    not too good.....my stupid parents also make me shovel the driveway and i have a friken huge driveway too and commuting to school dosent help either
  • edited November 2006
    I haven't really started because I'm still finishing up on a huge essay that's due on Monday. After that, then I'll start!

Hopefully I can actually get myself motivated instead of just playing Zelda the whole time...
  • edited November 2006
    its goin good starting tomorrow actually but i got an idea of whats goin on
  • edited November 2006
    I haven't really started either.. need to start tomorrow >_<. And yeah, my parents making me shovel the damn snow.. luckily most of it is melting..
  • edited November 2006
    Malakaiii said:
    I haven't really started because I'm still finishing up on a huge essay that's due on Monday. After that, then I'll start!

Hopefully I can actually get myself motivated instead of just playing Zelda the whole time...
    You seem to play Zelda a lot havent you beatin it yet :tongue:
  • edited November 2006
    TiNgLu_SiNgH said:
    You seem to play Zelda a lot havent you beatin it yet :tongue:
    Nope! I don't really want to beat it as it's pretty enjoyable! But I'm about 15 hours in right now. I'm ahead of my boyfriend, which makes me feel cool. Poor guy has to go to work... hehe
  • edited November 2006
    Finals? wut finals? wut's that??
  • edited December 2006
    well.. i originally planned to start studying on monday.. but that didn't happen.. it's now thursday and i haven't touched any of my books.. so that should say something about where the finals are heading.. X( i've got no motivation.. and have been procrasinating for the last couple of days.. i need help in breaking the cycle.. =.="
  • edited December 2006
    HORRIBLE!!! SO MUCH TO STUDY!!!! AGH FIRST FINAL ON the 6th !! and haven't started yet + still have to do some asignemnts that r due on monday!!
  • edited December 2006
    Shit man, thats harsh.

I have 3 exams. My first is a take-home essay-exam. I get it on Monday and it has to be in by Friday (the 8th). Then my next exam is the 14th and then the one after that is the 16th, so they are pretty late. I kind of have lots of time to study if I get the take-home one done early.
  • edited December 2006
    tudor said:
    HORRIBLE!!! SO MUCH TO STUDY!!!! AGH FIRST FINAL ON the 6th !! and haven't started yet + still have to do some asignemnts that r due on monday!!
    dont complain man... i had a lab final today and hav another one tomolo... THEN my first final is on the 6th as well >.>
  • edited December 2006
    forgot to tell manager earlier ahead of time and now ive got work during my exams ( not during the actual exam , but the days in between )
  • edited December 2006
    illicit said:
    forgot to tell manager earlier ahead of time and now ive got work during my exams ( not during the actual exam , but the days in between )
    ooooh OWNED... man... im beginnin to appreciate the hard work my manager puts into making the schedule (and hassling us to make sure we get the rite availabilities in for him to make it...)
  • edited December 2006
    slow...even though i only got 2 but still...
  • edited December 2006
    I have this major procrastination problem that I can't seem to shake off...
  • edited December 2006
    TiNgLu_SiNgH said:
    I have this major procrastination problem that I can't seem to shake off...
    lol join the club:omg:
  • edited December 2006
    I'm studying for an elective where I hold no interest in right now. I missed quite a bit of classes b/c it's boring and now I have 3 textbooks to read in order to prepare myself for the exam. I'm almost done reading one textbook.
  • edited December 2006
    It ought to be considered an absolute human rights violation to have a damned exam ONLY TWO DAYS AFTER the last day of classes (Dec 6th) at 8:30 IN THE MORNING!!!

I feel that no matter what I do, I'll be screwed, so what's the use?
  • edited December 2006
    ^you have to be a bit more optimistic. Attitude is everything. Who knows, maybe self-belief will get you an A on that exam.
  • edited December 2006
    all my exams are 830am, and first one is on the 6th, yah. go me.
  • edited December 2006
    Procrastination is a killer, but only if you let it be. I've found that the best way to get out of a lazy rut is to actually hit the books. No matter how hard it seems at first, if you stick with it, you get into a routine and it becomes a lot easier. Good Luck everyone
  • edited December 2006
    all this studying is making me go crazy i thought id take a break and cruise the net for a while.. check out how everyone else is doing

Leave a Comment