To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Flight Plan/Proposal...

edited November 2006 in General
Okay, I know there's lots of people who are going home for Xmas and New Years, but don't you ever feel that the plane ride would be a little more entertaining?

I got the solution!

On top of just listening to your iPod and playing your PSP or NDS, I've decided that I'm gonna wear my SFU shirt when I on the plane, and hope that anyone else that's gonna take the plane should do the same. And tell your friends too. This way when you're on the plane, there's someone you know!

So if you don't have one already, go out and get the SFU sweatshirt and put it on for the flight =)

(I'm not sponsored by SFU, but they should start giving me some green, for saying this)

But seriously, I think it's a great idea to get to know people from your school :)

I mean, if I'm wearing my SFU shirt and I see someone on the street wearing one too, I usually say hi or give a nod...

Good night :)

Comments

• edited November 2006
    cept the hoodies are overpriced.
  • edited November 2006
    Mengs said:
    Okay, I know there's lots of people who are going home for Xmas and New Years, but don't you ever feel that the plane ride would be a little more entertaining?

I got the solution!

On top of just listening to your iPod and playing your PSP or NDS, I've decided that I'm gonna wear my SFU shirt when I on the plane, and hope that anyone else that's gonna take the plane should do the same. And tell your friends too. This way when you're on the plane, there's someone you know!

So if you don't have one already, go out and get the SFU sweatshirt and put it on for the flight =)

(I'm not sponsored by SFU, but they should start giving me some green, for saying this)

But seriously, I think it's a great idea to get to know people from your school :)

I mean, if I'm wearing my SFU shirt and I see someone on the street wearing one too, I usually say hi or give a nod...

Good night :)
    you should supply the money then
  • edited November 2006
    Okay, if you don't want to buy the hoodies then you should just write SFU on your forehead. :wink:
  • edited November 2006
    wow, Malakaiii actually talking on a post I started, and I thought she was pissed at me :(

but I'm glad to see that she isn't :)
  • edited November 2006
    What are the odds that someone from SFU would be on the same random plane as you AND thought of wearing their SFU hoody?
  • edited November 2006
    Well the odds can be improved by posting a thread like this one!

And naw, Mengs, I'm not mad!
  • edited November 2006
    Malakaiii said:
    Okay, if you don't want to buy the hoodies then you should just write SFU on your forehead. :wink:
    I can ebay my forehead instead of writing SFU on it...
  • edited November 2006
    you should just wear just to try it out.

it's amazing how many random people you can bump into on flights eh? i've had WAY too many travel experiences like that.

i ran into an elem.school buddy on my way back from Japan.
    oh and this is quite the story too! it just proves how small this world can be!
    i met this guy on the train from Nice to Rome, met up for dinner on our first night there, but i lost him, and i didn't get a contact number.
    so i'm waiting in line at the Uffizi in Florence (for 3 hours straight, mind you) and who else pops up but this guy i met!!! what a surprise, so we made sure we got each other's contacts in case we lost each other again...we split off after Florence....
    and when i was Venice, I was walking down one RANDOM street (if anyone here has been to Venice, you'll know how insane the streets are) and saw the same guy AGAIN sitting alone for dinner! so of course, i join him again!
    and finally, we split off and he went off to Stuttgart and i went back home.
  • edited November 2006
    meesh said:
    you should just wear just to try it out.

it's amazing how many random people you can bump into on flights eh? i've had WAY too many travel experiences like that.

i ran into an elem.school buddy on my way back from Japan.
    oh and this is quite the story too! it just proves how small this world can be!
    i met this guy on the train from Nice to Rome, met up for dinner on our first night there, but i lost him, and i didn't get a contact number.
    so i'm waiting in line at the Uffizi in Florence (for 3 hours straight, mind you) and who else pops up but this guy i met!!! what a surprise, so we made sure we got each other's contacts in case we lost each other again...we split off after Florence....
    and when i was Venice, I was walking down one RANDOM street (if anyone here has been to Venice, you'll know how insane the streets are) and saw the same guy AGAIN sitting alone for dinner! so of course, i join him again!
    and finally, we split off and he went off to Stuttgart and i went back home.
    no offence or anything but that guy sounded like a stalker...:confused:
  • edited November 2006
    Jimmy Tung said:
    no offence or anything but that guy sounded like a stalker...:confused:
    uh no, i don't think you quite understand the circumstances...
    i was backpacking through europe, and it was just really really coincidental that he had a similar trip plan to me.
    plus the guy is super nice, and harmless.
    little japanese guy taking over the world basically.

i still keep in contact with him anyway. =P
  • edited November 2006
    Cool maybe it could work I'll do it next time I'm on a plane

Leave a Comment