To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

LING 100-Morton, Susane Lenore

edited December 2006 in General
What do you study in this class? How is this prof?

Comments

• edited November 2006
    Two good resources, if you haven't found them already!

Her Rate My Prof Page
    and
    The Course Outline

I took Ling 100 with Pankratz, and I would recommend avoiding him like the plague... Apart from his absolutely awful teaching, the course material is interesting if you like languages.
  • edited November 2006
    I checked both links. I don't really trust ratemyprofessor and course outline does not make sense to me =)
    I don't really like languages, i am just looking for easy B elective course.
  • edited November 2006
    I took this class, its ummm *barf*

No seriously though I wouldn never take it if I didn't have to its really weird stufz...take a english or sociology 150 EAZYY breezzy
  • edited November 2006
    If you're looking for an easy course, I wouldn't pick this one....

And Rate My Prof is a good resource just to consider what people write. I've seen them give the prof low marks because they demand lots of essays... but I like writing essays so that was a good thing for me. I wouldn't believe everything on there, but it can sometimes give you an idea of what the prof is like.

Good luck!
  • edited November 2006
    They teach you about language, like phonemes, morphemes, syntax, and the development of language etc etc

If you want an overview of what they teach you, go here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linguistics
  • edited November 2006
    that's more like ling 110.. the course i'm currently taking with pankratz.. although it's not a complicated course.. pankratz teaching it kicked the difficulty level a couple of knotches higher.. X(
  • edited November 2006
    Funny thing about Pankratz, Siuying! I didn't go to lecture since the first midterm... and I did better on the 2nd midterm than the first! I have an A in the course because I never go! I'd definitely be doing worse if I actually went.
  • edited November 2006
    I am not going to take LING 100 because 3hour lecture that i wanted to take is full now. So for me there will be only 3 courses in Spring-pathetic isn't it.
  • jbd
    edited December 2006
    Susan Morton is a good Prof...better than a lot of them out there.

Leave a Comment