To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Soemthing I notice here...

edited December 2006 in General
It seems lik to me that the population here on talkSFU is composed mostly of first yr and perhaps a small amount of second yrs...

WHERE THE HELL ARE THE 3rd/4th YRS and the GRAD STUDENTS???? >'.'<

sometimes I feel lik this place is being overran by kids... lol j/k j/k :p

Comments

• edited November 2006
    First years actually have time to waste on these boards, no offense.
    3rd/4th years are more serious at what they do, plus they're more mature. That's why you don't see them on here.
  • edited November 2006
    im 3rd/4th year :x

i post a lot i think :D that and i like to slack off at work
  • edited November 2006
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I think its only been around for a few months, maybe it takes a little longer for word to get to the older students? It's a great way to meet other SFU students and get advice so I don't see why third and fourth years wouldn't find it useful. I'm in my fourth year and I have had some great discussions here so far that I probably would not have had in person.

P.S. Is anyone else interested in Philosophy?
  • edited November 2006
    Luxferre said:

WHERE THE HELL ARE THE 3rd/4th YRS and the GRAD STUDENTS???? >'.'<

sometimes I feel lik this place is being overran by kids... lol j/k j/k :p
    Get the Word Out YO! I need all the guidance I can get :teeth:
  • edited November 2006
    I'm 3rd/4th :(
  • edited November 2006
    Grad student here. :P
  • edited November 2006
    I'm technically in my 2nd year because I went part time for a while. But I'm 23, so I'm not the age of the usual 2nd years...
  • edited November 2006
    Chowzzer said:
    First years actually have time to waste on these boards, no offense.
    3rd/4th years are more serious at what they do, plus they're more mature. That's why you don't see them on here.
    Lol... Im actually 3rd yr myself...
    da_prodigy said:
    Get the Word Out YO! I need all the guidance I can get :teeth:
    And this is the same reason Im complain about not seein 3rd/4th yr ppl around... :tongue:
  • edited November 2006
    im 4th year!!!

anyways, i think there are more 1st years because they got an email or something about this website? i think i read that somewhere.
  • edited November 2006
    everyone's shelling luxferre now. since all of a sudden everyone reveals what year they're in ahha. it should be part of our profile thign too when we post .

cause when we post at the top right it says our faculty, it should show what year.
  • edited November 2006
    But sometimes ppl dont have an exact year...like ppl in 3rd year take second and first year classes and stuff like that

And malakaii isn't in the right year either right malakaii so how would that work
  • edited November 2006
    guess4life said:
    But sometimes ppl dont have an exact year...like ppl in 3rd year take second and first year classes and stuff like that

And malakaii isn't in the right year either right malakaii so how would that work
    there is a reason we have "age" as a field in our profiles too :angel:

and yes... Im not in the "correct" year either :p
  • edited November 2006
    Yep... some of us took some time off before diving into school. While I get frustrated that I know people who are younger than me and finished already, I know that it was a good choice for me to get my life in order before diving in. And I think I appreciate it all so much more because of that...
  • edited December 2006
    ya eh? i noticed too from the thread "what are you guys takin next sem"...everyone is taking 1st/2nd year courses...i feel old...but it's okay, it means that i'm wiser than most of you lil kids :D
  • hta
    edited December 2006
    I am 17 and it is my first sem/year at SFU!
    I dont see a problem about 4th year people taking 1st year courses..
    I actually wanted to wait until I am 60 so I can get FREE TUITION!

Leave a Comment