To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

where to get piercing?

edited November 2006 in General
Hey, I wanna get my ears pierced :) I know it's kinda out dated already, but I like to do stuff when no one else is doing any more, just so that I don't feel like everyone else...

Anyway, I wanna get my ears pierced, but I don't know where? and how much are they?

thanks

Comments

• edited November 2006
    I had mine pierced in the mall for free, but I had to pay for the earrings.
  • edited November 2006
    i got my lobes pierced when i was 3 years old, obviously it wasn't my choice so i don't know where it was done at.

i have my cartilage pierced, at Next (downtown vancouver, granville street).
    it's a pretty good, clean place for piercings.

on a side note (just for kicks), i got my eyebrow pierced in Nice, France...at a place called House of Pain. now doesn't that sound fun?
  • edited November 2006
    how much should I pay for earrings? on both ear?
  • edited November 2006
    here's a price guide from that Next place:
    http://www.nextbody.com/piercing/price_guide.php

it looks like they have some discounted prices for the lobes. not too bad.
    the thing is, the piercing is cheap, but the jewelry may be expensive. i'm not sure how expensive it would be, so maybe if you just went there and checked it out?
  • edited November 2006
    get ur eyebrow pierced its way hotter... ears on guys are kinda ew now
  • edited November 2006
    eyebrow peircings are very sexi:embarassed: :tongue:
  • edited November 2006
    I just got mine pierced in the summer.

First thing, do NOT get them done with a gun at the mall. Not only is the chick doing it a retail clerk and not a piercer, the gun is unsanitary and really hard on your body. You will have a long time healing and a few painful weeks ahead of you. I know people used to get their ears done this way all the time, but there is a lot of good reasons why you should go to a proper piercing place.

I like Sacred Heart. The one on Nelson Street downtown is especially good. The girl who did my ears was named Stephanie, and she was awesome. They are all very nice and highly professional there. They actually know what they are doing and take their time to get it done properly. Plus everything his highly sterilized.

Here's an article about piercing guns.
  • edited November 2006
    yes! take Malakaiii's advice! piercing guns are no good, especially if anyone is getting their cartilage pierced, it could actually shatter it!

needles are the way to go. the sound of it made me feel squeamish at first, but really it is less painful, in my opinion.

ps. i have an eyebrow piercing. did not hurt at all--but i got it in france and the guy seemed to know what to do (avec 20 years of experience). there's a lot to think about for the eyebrow piercing, especially where it's placed. i've seen some weird ones that hang over the eye, and the jewelry size is much too long so it's protruding out...in that case, you'd have to go in to get shortened a few weeks after. and there is always the risk of your body rejecting the eyebrow piercing...which in that case, there's nothing you can do but wait for it to pop out (gross)...it just depends on how your body handles these things.
  • edited November 2006
    I got mine pierced in October of last year, and I'm glad I got them done, they look good and they cost me $30 each, and i got it with a needle. Definately get it with a needle, it didn't even hurt for me, and that was also including the price of the earrings, its sweet man get it done, go to a piercing/tatoo place though

Leave a Comment