To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Man am I depressed =(

edited November 2006 in General
Okay, so the story goes;

2 yrs ago I left Finland, my home, to come to Canada to study and my gf stayed back, because she's pretty young. Anyway, I came over and it was hard and we gave up and did not speak for a little more than a year. We started speaking again about 10months ago, and it's been fun. We argue quite a bit, but lately we've been able not to argue and seem to be on the same grounds that we should not start dating again because I am here and she is there. But still, we both know that we still like each other (or atleast I do, I'm not 100% sure about her, but I'm almost certain). She asked me what I wanted for Xmas, and she actually got me something. She asked me to get her lingerie and I got her that... But I'm so depressed cos I don't wanna say anything about being together, cos I know it's not possible and in one hand I don't wanna. But it's just killing me cos I still love her so much :(

And I'm going back home for Xmas and New years and we're gonna see, but just thinking about her is really crazy, cos I always think about her going out with her friends and it kinda makes me jealous... Maybe that's not the right word, but I still feel my heart kinda stop beating :(

Anyhow, that's for listening... I just needed to get it outa my chest :D

Have a good night...

Comments

• edited November 2006
    Sounds like you should be back in Finland, although you already decided what's more important to you. Now you're writing a post on a msg board (maybe time to re-evaluate) :/
  • edited November 2006
    hegoru said:
    Sounds like you should be back in Finland but you already decided what's more important.
    I already know what is more important, my studies! :)
    I ain't going back for no one! But the whole situation is just really pissing me off... I need some pity more than advice :D

haha... thanks though... :P
  • edited November 2006
    I hear you... Find someone new to occupy your time :)
    Mengs said:
    I already know what is more important, my studies! :)
    I ain't going back for no one! But the whole situation is just really pissing me off... I need some pity more than advice :D

haha... thanks though... :P
  • edited November 2006
    hegoru said:
    I hear you... Find someone new to occupy your time :)
    Wait... are you male of female? :D

just playin :P
  • edited November 2006
    you have my sympathy mengs.. i really do hope things work out for you.. =) plus it's christmas.. enjoy the holidays and have a lil fun.. it'll take your mind off of things... just have a good time in finland..
  • edited November 2006
    seems like you are still mentally adjusting to vancouver. i'm sure it must be very different from Finland. maybe it's a mix of you missing your gf, and you being homesick?
    i'm really no expert on this, but i hope you can figure things out, especially when you go back during the holidays.
  • edited November 2006
    *hands Mengs a cookie*
  • edited November 2006
    You need to make up your mind is what you have to do. Not being able to decide one whether to stay with her or to leave her is going to have a negative affect on your career. But the only one who can make that decision is you...

Leave a Comment