To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Tutor wanted for grade nine math student

edited April 2009 in Tutoring
Hello,

I'm looking for someone to tutor my son with grade nine math. He is trying hard but is not doing very well with the different components of the course.

We live fairly close to SFU near Blue Mountain in Coquitlam

If this is something you are interested in, please email me at [email]alidav@telus.net[/email].

Thanks,

Alison

Comments

• edited March 2009
    Do you still need a tutor?
  • edited March 2009
    What kind of maths?
  • edited March 2009
    alidav;50408 said:
    Hello,

I'm looking for someone to tutor my son with grade nine math. He is trying hard but is not doing very well with the different components of the course.

We live fairly close to SFU near Blue Mountain in Coquitlam

If this is something you are interested in, please email me at [email]alidav@telus.net[/email].

Thanks,

Alison
    Alison, when your son enters grade ten math, please visit http://www.learnnowbc.ca

The government of BC has a tutoring program to offer gr 10-12 students free tutoring services via online.

For now good luck on finding a math tutor for your son.
  • edited April 2009
    HI Vonnie,

Yes, I am still looking for a Math tutor for my son. He is in grade nine.
  • edited April 2009
    Hello
    This would for grade nine math...everything in the curriculum.

Alison
  • edited April 2009
    Which is... what? Numerical Analysis? Advanced Calculus? Vectors? Fractals?
  • edited April 2009
    If I remember correctly, grade nine was .. uh.. cartesian graphs, simplifying radicals, and some basic geometry/angle stuff.
  • edited April 2009
    Dude, how do you remember what you did in grade 9?
    All I remember was that I was in Ms Bamford's advanced math thingy, and we got to see her sweaty armpits every morning. Or was that grade 10?
  • edited April 2009
    Haha I'm tutoring a kid in Math 9 right now.. off the top of my head, the curriculum at my school includes the number system (lol), rational expressions, radicals/exponents, polynomials, factoring, solving linear equations in one variable, solving quadratic equations, inequalities, graphing lines, buncha stuff to do with lines (slope/midpoint/length), systems of linear equations, transformations, geometry (finding angles, all that property jazz), trigonometry.. and I think conics too, I'm not sure.
  • edited April 2009
    schmoey;54030 said:
    Haha I'm tutoring a kid in Math 9 right now.. off the top of my head, the curriculum at my school includes the number system (lol), rational expressions, radicals/exponents, polynomials, factoring, solving linear equations in one variable, solving quadratic equations, inequalities, graphing lines, buncha stuff to do with lines (slope/midpoint/length), systems of linear equations, transformations, geometry (finding angles, all that property jazz), trigonometry.. and I think conics too, I'm not sure.
    In grade nine we basically did basic algebra, very small amount of geometry, and calculator trig lol.