To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

suggestion: food forum

edited December 2006 in General
recipes good restaurants to goto etc etc...

for fellow food fanatics lik me :shade:

Comments

• edited November 2006
    And what the cheapest places on campus are to eat. :) (Incidentally, White Spot lowered their prices a week or so ago, and oddly, Mackenzie's stuff is now surprisingly affordable. Chalk something good up for competition on the Hill!)
  • edited November 2006
    I always eat at cornerstone because they have better selection there
  • edited November 2006
    Luxferre said:
    recipes good restaurants to goto etc etc...

for fellow food fanatics lik me :shade:
    hmm yes i would love that.. X)
    hook me up with the dessert houses people..=D
  • edited November 2006
    Well I know quite a few places that hav good food... mostly japanese and chinese tho... (yes if you havnt noticed from the post I do eat QUITE a bit >.>) but the thing is sometimes there are "hidden gems" in the city, or places that dont look like they have decent food but ends up with excellent dishes...

Since semester is almost over... I've decided to get around Vancouver to EAT during the break... yes... EAT... lol now u know how serious I am about good food :p

Quite honestly Im sick of all the food that's offered in school... very... um... not good... lol
  • edited November 2006
    Mmmm food is the key to my stomach
  • edited November 2006
    mmm food...i usually get the lebanese chicken donair from that donair place at cornerstone when i'm starving. otherwise, i don't really eat while i'm at school because nothing really tickles my fancy on campus.
    i could really use some Pad Thai, man...haven't had thai food in a while.

so, i agree, a food forum should be put up!!
  • edited November 2006
    Seems like food is a popular topic for sure! Sometimes it is hard to find a good place to eat, especially since the choices at SFU aren't that great. I will bring this up at our next meeting and hopefully we can have a food and dining section up for you guys soon. Until then, check out these food related threads:

Favorite Restaurant: http://www.talksfu.ca/showthread.php?t=153

Favorite Beer: http://www.talksfu.ca/showthread.php?t=423

Starbucks vs. Tim Hortons: http://www.talksfu.ca/showthread.php?t=466
  • edited November 2006
    wow didnt see that fav restaurant thread there... lol

but sweetness nonetheless. I guess a food forum will be on da way!
  • edited November 2006
    johnny said:
    Mmmm food is the key to my stomach
    more like key to ur heart johnny! :tongue:
    call me after ur done class ur phones not workin!
  • edited December 2006
    Hey guys, thanks for all the good suggestions. We've decided that a
    "Food and Health" section is definitely a must. You guys seem to love eating! We will have it set up within 2 weeks for you guys to share good restaurants, good recipes, and healthy alternatives.

The TalkSFU Team
  • edited December 2006
    Raize said:
    Hey guys, thanks for all the good suggestions. We've decided that a
    "Food and Health" section is definitely a must. You guys seem to love eating! We will have it set up within 2 weeks for you guys to share good restaurants, good recipes, and healthy alternatives.

The TalkSFU Team
    Food vs food and health is a bit different. In health ur gonna get a lotta "stuff that's unrealted to food"
    I guess u guys can always make one as of now... and separate it later... but I think that's jus gonna b extra work for the admin team at that point in time

Leave a Comment