To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

acne

edited November 2006 in General
Throughout my life I actually never really got the chance to experience acne until a few days ago. Anyhow, the acne wasn't that bad but I used Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Spot treatment b/c a friend suggested that I use it and it works. Well, the acne is almost all gone now but the worst part is that my skin is flaking and ripping off. Is this normal?

Comments

• edited November 2006
    Acne medicines usually work by drying out the skin so the flaking is a common side effect. I used to use neutrogena and it did the same thing, and its worse in winter when the air's really dry. If it's the first time you have acne I wouldn't worry about it, it will go away just make sure you eat healthy.
  • edited November 2006
    I know that Visine works miracles in order to get little red pimples to go away. It really does get the red out. Just rub a few spots on the pimple thing and it nearly disappears instantly (visually that is, cause it is still there, its just not red)
  • edited November 2006
    try to moisturize...there are some nice lotions out there...makes your skin feel baby soft. =)

Leave a Comment