To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

I deleted my research paper by accident

edited November 2006 in General
I have such a messy desktop with a bunch of Ms Word files on it. I must of accidentally deleted my research paper a couple of days back when I was cleaning the desktop up. I don't even know when I did it so recovering it is probably not possible :(. So ppl, make sure you keep an extra copy of your work around. I'm lucky though cuz the paper is not due yet.

Comments

• edited November 2006
    just do a roll back (system restore) and it should be fine... even though you don't know when it happened, the roll back has a log... so you can see what did you do and when...

Anyway, good luck...
  • edited November 2006
    shit son lol thats like a university students worst nightmare
  • edited November 2006
    check your recycle bin hehe
  • edited November 2006
    I always e-mail a copy of my papers to myself . . . always.
  • edited November 2006
    There are also some file undeleters out there, but you need to have a second hard drive or a USB key to run the program off of, or you end up defeating the purpose of the undeleters. :)
  • edited November 2006
    Lesson learned here, dont every delete anything. Just create a new folder whenever desktop is super messy and dump all the files in the folder and label folder with date created

Leave a Comment