To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

distance ed?

edited November 2006 in General
i'm just wondering if anyone has taken distance education before.. how is it compared to going to campus courses? i'm considering taking one course online just to make my schedule less chaotic so thoughts and feedbacks much appreciated!! =)

and just on a side note.. what are sessional courses? @_@

Comments

• edited November 2006
    im too lazy to do distance ed, tried it once, and i wasnt disciplined enough

some ppl are visual/audio orientated, so lectures are very helpful, some can just pickup stuf by reading~ depends on how u like to learn the material

if u have good study habits and can dedicate time to keep up, u should be ok
    most of the distance ed courses are pretty straight forward
  • edited November 2006
    Great question, Siuying! I'm wondering the exact same thing because I'll be taking 2 distance ed courses next semester.

I think it will be weird to get used to at first, but I'm hoping it works out for me! I really find some lecturers to be just awful... and this is a good way to avoid that...
  • edited November 2006
    unGh.. discipline.. gee i don't have much of that...:confused:
  • edited November 2006
    haha... Try getting a Palm Pilot to organize your time. Mine has absolutely saved my sanity this semester! Probably the best $100 I've spent in years...
  • edited November 2006
    lol.. it's not the organizing that's the problem.. believe me malakaiii i'm a very organized person.. the problem is i don't follow my schedule..XP so a palm pilot in this case wouldn't really help.. but thanks for the suggestion! =)

Leave a Comment