To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

LOOKing for TuTor pls help

edited November 2008 in Tutoring
Im a first year student in sfu and Im looking for a one to one calculus I tutor. For available tutors pls post ur:

1. which days are available
2. where is the session taken place
3. hourly charge
4. and pls post give me some of ur education background/ experience

Pls contact through this web or my email: [email]pheonix_mp986@hotmail.com[/email] ASAP thx..

Comments

• edited November 2008
    LRn2eNglISh
  • edited November 2008
    I was thinking about offering my services as a tutor, but since you've made it obvious that spelling the words "your" and "please" is too much work, I don't think you'll be able to handle the workload of Calculus I.

Phil
  • IVTIVT
    edited November 2008
    PhilB;39924 said:
    I was thinking about offering my services as a tutor, but since you've made it obvious that spelling the words "your" and "please" is too much work, I don't think you'll be able to handle the workload of Calculus I.

Phil
    This is why Phil is awesome. :thumbs_up:
  • edited November 2008
    u guys are losers
  • edited November 2008
    yea man whats up your ass
  • edited November 2008
    Well, personally, it's like this:

You're a University student. As such, you are supposed to be able to express yourself at a University level. This is not text messaging (where I still think this kind of shorthand is ridiculous, but at least I can understand why it's used). If you're going to ask for help, at least show enough respect to try to communicate your message properly.

It is the person asking for help's responsibility to make themselves understood. It is not the people who may be able to help's responsibility to attempt to decipher some cryptic message.

Sounds stupid? Perhaps an example would help. Which one would you take more seriously:

A - "I am having difficulty with Calculus I. I could really use some help if someone is willing to tutor me"

B - "i need ur help 4 calc1 kplzthnxbai".

It's a sad state of affairs that this is not obvious by the time the youth of today reach University. Like I said when I spoke at orientation just a few months ago: No one is responsible for your success but you, and no one owes you anything. Welcome to the Real World(tm).

Phil
  • edited November 2008
    this is a forum on the internet, not an english paper

maybe this persons better off without someone whos anal over the word "ur"?

i would agree with what you said if someone decided to post a flyer around school or something of that sort, but seriously...this is the internet
  • edited November 2008
    We'll have to agree to disagree. To me, this is just as important as a flyer.

Phil
  • edited November 2008
    Phil, if you are not able to provide help to others. There's no point for you to make such a "LONG PAPER" here to express your feeling. Did you notice how simple a flyer can be ? The purpose to post a message here is to ask help from others, not to POST your "THESIS" here. Second, no one is interested in your ORIENTATION. How SAD u are. Do you need to express the level of your sadness? Do you need to define the term "SAD" to all here. No one asks you to log in and VIEW this "cryptic message". You don't need to express your SADNESS here. If you feel SAD, please visit yr physican and tell him how SAD you are now. Thirdly, you dont' have an authority to judge wheather he/she be able to handle the workload or not. Please also note, this is "NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS". Fourthly, you are thinking to provide your services as a tutor. Well, this is a good question to yourself. The answer will not be hard. Yes or No. You "THINK" which indicates you are not sure wheather you can HANDLE IT or not or you are still thinking to provide this service to others. Finally, don't you notice you make a grammar mistake in your previous message?

option 1: was thinking about offering my services as a tutor, but since you've made it obvious that spelling the words "your" and "please" is too much work, I don't think you'll be able to handle the workload of Calculus I.
    Phil, this is what you write. This is no period on your wordy statment

option 2: Please correct this Phil, an English tutor.

PS: By the way, are you teaching in the next semester? If you do, please tell me THE TIME FOR YOUR English class in the next semester. I want to learn more from you.
  • edited November 2008
    I made a lot of grammar mistakes in the last msg. Phil, can you correct those for me?
  • edited November 2008
    To Phil:

If you don't want to offer your services to him, just don't reply. Why respond to his thread by, not only telling him that you're not willing to help him, but in addition, you think he's dumb because of the way he types? That, to me, just makes you sound like a pretentious asshole. "I'm too fucking special and amazing to help you out because you're obviously not smart enough to comprehend simple English, let alone Calculus". This is what you've said, in a nutshell.

But, this is the nature of the internet forum, I guess. Some people like to type in Internet shorthand, and others like to be douchebags.
  • edited November 2008
    I don't understand wtf twpoon just said....

Seriously, you sound like a retard. There are just so many things wrong with your post that my brain has a memory overload and cannot even process what you are trying to express. Maybe you, twpoon, should look for a tutor for your FAL class before you bother with a tutor for calculus.
  • edited November 2008
    twpoon: Just...Wow. I can't even begin to parse that mess. Please tell me you're not actually an SFU student.

Magnificent Bastard: If that's what came across, I apologize. It was meant to be more along the lines of: "Writing like that makes you look like an idiot. As a University student, you may want to thrive not to do so." And yes, I threw in a smart ass joke in there.

Phil
  • edited November 2008
    First, I am not the one who need help in calculus.
    Secondly, I am not the one who can offer help as well.
    Thirdly, PhilB didn't ask for help in calculus.
    Fourthly, I just came across here.

Phil is the one who said "I was thinking about offering my services as a tutor, but since you've made it obvious that spelling the words "your" and "please" is too much work, I don't think you'll be able to handle the workload of Calculus I." Don't you guys think he is too mean to say this?

PhilB is thinking to provide help to others, not me. Pls see his previosu msg.
  • edited November 2008
    instead of arguing if phil thought abt providing help to others.. maybe someone can pay heed to the OP instead of hijacking the thread?

take your verbal sparring elsewhere if you want to duke it out..
  • edited November 2008
    yo phil, you forgot the B in your signature. dont want to get yourself confused with that other phil that signs every single one of his posts on talksfu right?