To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

GF got a job that pays the same as me.

edited November 2006 in General
Every guy friend that I tell that too is like, wholy sh1t man, that sucks, or poor you etc.

WTF?

Isn't this a good thing?

Who are these dickless bastards that feel threatened by this?

Hell, now she pays half the expenses, this puts WAY more cash into my pocket every two weeks. Why would anyone NOT want this?

Comments

• edited November 2006
    Uhm... this is a good thing? Why would you want to have to support someone?!

My boyfriend will be happy when I'm done school and get a job that will probably pay more than him cuz I'll have a degree. Who cares who makes what as long as you are happy!
  • edited November 2006
    I think that's great! I would be so happy to be making great money!
  • edited November 2006
    My bf makes a LOT more than I do... but I earn a very good living for myself and it feels great to be independant and not to have to look to him for hand outs or support, financially.

BUT... I do know someone very close to me whos husband feels terribly threatened at the fact that she could be earning more than him in the next few years. It comes up during EVERY fight they have.... and I don't fuxking get it. Shouldn't you be happy for your sig. other when they're doing well? Life is so much easier when money is never an issue.
  • edited November 2006
    Everyone should just make lots of money and play the bongos.
  • edited November 2006
    Yah, right now me and my bf kinda have this plan that who ever becomes more succesful career wise, or makes the most money, the other will stay home with the kids (thinking ahead of course). Even though I am still in school, he is not threatened by my future plans of being a 'career woman', and he seems fine with the idea that I might make more than him one day. I guess we'll see when that day comes however.lol. But actually, I have to say that I do feel some kind of competition, like I know I will be mad if I am the one making less down the road... maybe because I feel like it's my duty to challenge the norm. I hope I get over this eventually..:S
  • edited November 2006
    That sounds familiar, Berlyn!

My boyfriend and I have a similar plan. Only since I actually want to be working and out of the house, he's willing to stay home with the kids and pursue some of his (possibly lucrative) hobbies. I think it's win-win as long as everyone's happy!

Leave a Comment