To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

has anyone taken Psyc 100 with Alder?

edited November 2006 in General
was wondering what to expect, i know theyre noncummulative

but are they multiple choice ...blah blah..... notes in calss..book....

thanks in advance

Comments

• edited November 2006
    Not sure if this link will work, but he's on Rate My Professor.ca
  • edited November 2006
    Theres a lot to cover but its straightforward material. Make sure you keep up with the readings every week (hour or 2) and you will be fine. I taught myself the course straight from the textbook because I didn't have time to go to lectures but I did fine...although I hear his lectures are pretty funny. I just remembered that the hardest part about his exams are the essay questions. REALLY tough questions. They are so specific that even if you had the textbook in front of you they would be difficult.
  • edited November 2006
    like a smartso said.. and you don't really have to go to his lectures.. i gave up going to them in 2 months because his lecture basically supplements the textbook... so just read the book and you'll be good..=)
  • edited November 2006
    I am also taking this class next semester. see you there comrade!
  • edited November 2006
    i took psych 100 with alder and 102 with natasha gosh. between the two, i prefered him.

the m/c isn't hard, but the essays were BRUTAL!! i remember on two occasions our avg on the essay was about 50%. but it's scaled.
  • edited November 2006
    Alder sucks, better be ready for his useless overheads and his extremely brutal written portion of test. As affinity has mentioned, its 50:50, but they look for very specific things for each question.
    Something else to note, the scale doesnt help you one bit. 74% or lower = C gg thx.

Lastly, he says something alot in lecture, if I remember right, I think its
    "however."
  • edited November 2006
    PS: I suggest you switch out and wait for Day to teach it. At the very least, his exams werent 50:50 for lecture/mc. Heavier for MC
  • edited November 2006
    ugh id take Adler over Ghosh anydays she doesn't have a clue whats going on.
  • edited November 2006
    oh yea, i forgot, i heard russell day is really good!

Leave a Comment