To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

The bus....

edited December 2006 in General
Heylo!

Okay, so, I know everyone on the bus, especially first thing in the morning, is pretty tired, but it's getting kind of depressing guys!

I'm not trying to sound conceited...because believe me I didn't always feel this way...but I think I can be pretty cute sometimes hehe as long as I didn't sleep too late or something lmao

anyways, there are always sooo many cute guys on the bus going up to SFU from coquitlam station, but no one seems to want to say hi. Just smile, ask me what faculty I'm in, ask me what music I'm listening to...and I'm not just trying to help myself out here hehe, I'm sure some of the other girls I see looking longingly at the cute guy across from her wouldn't mind either! ;)

I know girls shouldn't put everything on the guys...but I know from my experience that I've just met WAY too many guys so far at this school that turn out to be dirtbags..I just really don't want to put myself out there. I understand if guys feel the same...but I promise I'll be nice at least!

*here's hoping*

Comments

• edited November 2006
    The nicest guys are always too shy to say hi. Thats one of the saddest things about going to University, you just have to try and talk to people in your tutorials I guess...I WISH I could get more hi's
  • edited November 2006
    if u want something the only way to get it is to go for it.. jus make the first move i bet hes thinkin the same thing:smile:
  • edited November 2006
    What time you take the bus from coquitlam? I'll give you a friendly "hi" :teeth:
  • edited November 2006
    You might seem more approachable if you aren't listening to headphones. Just a tip... :)
  • edited November 2006
    Malakaiii said:
    You might seem more approachable if you aren't listening to headphones. Just a tip... :)
    or have one of them ' looks '

or you can just come take bus from richmond. haha. i'll gladly say hi. no lie.
  • edited November 2006
    or we can all cram on the 145 in the morning, where its too close for comfort and we can hav a nice convo :D
  • hta
    edited November 2006
    I usually pass out on the bus so I never really say hi to any hot girls.
  • edited November 2006
    I think a lot of guys are afraid cause they think the girl will just think he's a creep. Plus, what if you just plain don't like them, for one reason or another? It''s going to be a pretty awkward ride up the mountain....
  • edited November 2006
    Magnificent_Bastard said:
    I think a lot of guys are afraid cause they think the girl will just think he's a creep. Plus, what if you just plain don't like them, for one reason or another? It''s going to be a pretty awkward ride up the mountain....
    especially when you're side by side or toe to toe on the 145 hahaha.

but i mean unless you're/ he/she is a real jerk/ass, then they wont mind a nice casual conversation. just contacts wont be exchanged
  • Pro
    edited November 2006
    i think you girls could take initiative and talk to the guys you are interested in on the bus.

if a guy starts chatting up with a girl there's a good chance he'll be called a creep.. however i've never heard of a guy describing a girl who chats him up as a creep.

the power is in your hands ladies!
  • edited November 2006
    Agreed. Aside from this, guys (for the most part) are less picky than women are. As such, it's hard to tell if a girl has her eye on a guy. If the wrong guy approaches a girl and she doesn't really seem to feel comfortable, I think the guy will just end up thinking she thinks he's a creep anyway.
  • edited November 2006
    Pro said:

the power is in your hands ladies!

haha, nicely said. :tongue:

and guys aren't hard to approach ont he bus, that's cuz a majority of ppl are bored and are probably looking to start a convo as much as anyone.

I, for one, am easy to approach, sort of, but I tune out the world with my ipod.
    haha.
  • edited November 2006
    Yea, perhaps the girls should give it a shot, instead of the guys. Guys just randomly starting a conversation to a girl just makes it seem like their creeps or stalkers or whatnot. I think some guys get too worried about things like that to actually talk to someone. The other thing is, they're either too shy, don't know what to say, etc. So girls, spare us guys and talk to us lol..
  • edited November 2006
    Magnificent_Bastard said:
    Agreed. Aside from this, guys (for the most part) are less picky than women are. As such, it's hard to tell if a girl has her eye on a guy. If the wrong guy approaches a girl and she doesn't really seem to feel comfortable, I think the guy will just end up thinking she thinks he's a creep anyway.

this is a revolutionary thing. but honestly it wont' seem like some kind of harassment if the girl approaches as much as it would be if the guy approached yeknow? anyone else think about it this way?
  • edited November 2006
    Ok, all girls who wouldn't mind us fair guys chatting them up tomorrow, wear something bright orange...and make it count lol.
  • edited November 2006
    OrphanBoy said:
    Ok, all girls who wouldn't mind us fair guys chatting them up tomorrow, wear something bright orange...and make it count lol.
    :wink:
    lol
  • edited November 2006
    I think university peeps think too much. Like if your bored on the bus and someone catches your eye, at least smile. Then one person should say hi and introduce themselve.s But then theres like ten other people sitting around watching, so if you get burned theres an audience and an awkward 45 minute bus ride home.... no way to get around that
  • edited November 2006
    haha true dat
  • edited November 2006
    johnny said:
    I think university peeps think too much. Like if your bored on the bus and someone catches your eye, at least smile. Then one person should say hi and introduce themselve.s But then theres like ten other people sitting around watching, so if you get burned theres an audience and an awkward 45 minute bus ride home.... no way to get around that
    lol thats so true its like ownage x10
  • Pro
    edited December 2006
    haha sounds like you think too much.. but yeah i would think the same way as well.

Leave a Comment