To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Regretting my major...

edited November 2006 in General
Sometimes I regret majoring in business and I openly tell this to people who are planning on doing the same. Why? Because I always worried if I am taught the same way as all 500 people in my school than how am I suppose to stand out? I will be using the same formulas and strategies that everyone else is using. How do you succeed with that?

Comments

• edited November 2006
    Get some volunteer work to help gain some perspective. It will probably come down to who you know, not what you know!

Besides, everyone absorbs the material a little bit differently and brings their own thoughts and beliefs to the table as well.
  • edited November 2006
    Albert Einstein said that imagination is more important than intelligence. Be creative and follow through with the ideas you believe in and you will get somewhere...thats what my dad says anyways
  • edited November 2006
    you're taught the same way yes.. but everyone's interpretation of the material is unique..
  • edited November 2006
    If you thought you could learn business in classrooms, you were already wrong in the first place. Get out there and get some experience in the REAL business world.
  • edited November 2006
    You guys are right, I really need to take some time off and get a fresh perspective on things. I've been doing the same thing with the same routine for so long that now I feel lost and don't know where I'm gonna end up....I used to be so sure before I don't know what really happened. Maybe its time to do some volunteer work in the real world next semester.

Leave a Comment