To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Things you miss eating...

edited January 2007 in General
I'm sure a lot of you guys are living away from home, or your home town... What do you miss the most??

I miss my mom's taiwanese meatsauce noodles the most ( dan-tsai mien) :cry:

Comments

• edited November 2006
    I don't miss my mom's cooking AT ALL. It was the same meals all the time since forever... blech...

Maybe I just miss eating food that someone ELSE has cooked!
  • edited November 2006
    I live at home, but i would probably miss my mom's lasagna, dad's muffins ( he calls himself the muffin man lol ) and my brothers cake .
    ..... and they would miss my pasta .. I'm a good cook hehe
  • edited November 2006
    I live away from home, im of of eating out, everyday fast food or ordering pizza it gets out of hand. when i go back home i get my mom to pack whatever is made that day and take it back with me, home made food hits the spot.
    anybody have any suggestion of food that quick and easy to make at home? (something good)
  • edited November 2006
    Bhambra said:
    I live at home, but i would probably miss my mom's lasagna, dad's muffins ( he calls himself the muffin man lol ) and my brothers cake .
    ..... and they would miss my pasta .. I'm a good cook hehe
    thats so cool ur family cooks their own lil specialty
  • edited November 2006
    I have many specialties ;)
  • edited November 2006
    Claritin said:
    I live away from home, im of of eating out, everyday fast food or ordering pizza it gets out of hand. when i go back home i get my mom to pack whatever is made that day and take it back with me, home made food hits the spot.
    anybody have any suggestion of food that quick and easy to make at home? (something good)
    I just discovered the wonders of the slow cooker. You can buy a small one for around $30 (I got it at London Drugs). Basically you just chuck anything in there in the morning and come home to a delicious meal 7 hours later! It's soooo easy and the food is always really flavourful, plus your house will smell great.
  • edited November 2006
    Claritin said:
    Mac and cheese? anything pasta is easy i find
  • edited November 2006
    pasta is friggin awesome!! You can make extra sauce and keep it in the fridge and then a week later when you feel like having pasta all you have to do is boil some pasta ... a-freakin-mazing :)
  • edited November 2006
    Perogies are also super cheap and fast to make!
  • edited November 2006
    Malakaiii said:
    I just discovered the wonders of the slow cooker. You can buy a small one for around $30 (I got it at London Drugs). Basically you just chuck anything in there in the morning and come home to a delicious meal 7 hours later! It's soooo easy and the food is always really flavourful, plus your house will smell great.
    hahahahah my dad swears by the slow cooker, he's always making lentil soup
  • edited November 2006
    Hm... I haven't made lentil soup yet!

I just like that I can dump everything into the slow cooker at once and then open it up at dinner time. It's brilliant!
  • edited January 2007
    the slow cooker is the best invention!!! Stew, chilli, pulled pork sandwitches, roasts, ANYTHING!!! The slow cooker is my friend
  • edited January 2007
    I've spent some time in Europe this past year..and when I'm there, I really miss food from home. It drives me nuts how you just can't get what you want! The number one thing I was dissapointed about over there was pizza. It was very hard to find a decent one, even in Italy. The only thing they seem to have over there is creepy meats!

Leave a Comment