To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

How Do You Pay Your Tuition?

edited November 2006 in General
Just wondering how people are funding their schooling?

Personally, I have student loans up to my eyeballs. And the interest is totally raping me lately! Does anyone know a better place to get a loan than from a bank?

But how do you pay your tuition? Loans, parents, working, saving, sexual favours?

Comments

• edited November 2006
    i got government loans, but i work also and try and save up so i can pay some of it off when the time comes, its all interest free till im done school anyways
  • edited November 2006
    I should really get government loans... I can't believe I'm paying $100/month interest already... and I have lots of schooling to go!
  • edited November 2006
    Sexual Favors gimme a call if i can be of service to you
  • edited November 2006
    I've always been curious how everyone pays their tuition as well. I know a lot of students take loans and try to live AND pay their tuition with it but its damn near impossible these days. Living costs are through the roof! And then there are those whose parents provide the educational costs for them but they STILL get student loans so they can walk around school with their Coach purses or expensive shoes its so despicable. Back to the point however, I work part time and use as much of a loan as the government provides. It gets very hectic but I hope it will all be worth it when I am done. Looking forward to hearing any ideas to make life easier...
  • edited November 2006
    The Yukon Government gives all the people going to university $5000 per year for up to 5 years... and then $500 for every provincial exam over 80%, then I got scholarships for community service, and I saved money from work and my parents are helping out.
  • edited November 2006
    Wow... I should move to the Yukon! Sounds like the way my mom bribed my brother to get through highschool... ;)
  • edited November 2006
    yo, I just paid my tuition like 3 days ago. Did you know if you dont pay on time they dont drop all your courses! thats rad!
  • edited November 2006
    Yikes...!

They also charge you interest.
  • edited November 2006
    RESP
    generated 16k per year for me! And all i have to do is go to school and I am able to take that 16k/year for 4 years!
  • edited November 2006
    working at the wonderful cactus club FT for ~80hrs a wk (two restaurants, 18hrs a day) for the summer nets me 10k to pay off school for sept. then, cut back to a couple shifts a wk during school which will help pay off january's tuition. and then when summer starts, it's back to the start of the cycle again. woohoo!

it's worked so far...hopefully it'll work for a few more yrs.

all cuz i got sick and tired of seeing my student loans add up. have over 15k to pay back. not fun.

oh, and regarding those people bitching about how ppl have their parents pay for their school + student loans and their LV purses...well...look at it this way. if you were to ask them what 13k means to them...they'll prolly say something like "5 purses!". and you know better. you know that 13k is $8/hr for 40hrs a wk for a full year w/o spending a dime. you're more mature. $50 in drinks at the club is a full days work after taxes. =)
  • edited November 2006
    15K is nothing, ive got to pay back about 40K

Leave a Comment