To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

..*~Getting Hit On*~..

edited November 2006 in General
How often would you say you got hit on?
How do you feel about this?..

My friend and I were having a convo..he was talking about how often I get hit on (hes gay) he said that he wished the same would happen to him so often....I thought it was quite weird..because I find that I almost feel cheap, u?

Comments

• edited November 2006
    I find I get hit on all the time but it's never by some amazing guy, it's always by creepy weirdos. The decent looking, funny, well put togethre guys never seem to walk up to me and start trying to pick me up....but the toothless wiggar alwasy seems to think we would be a perfect match. lol:confused:
  • edited November 2006
    same here... its the creepy weird ones who've gotthe biggest balls to do stuff like that.... which is very unfortunate... However typically if I see someone I like... I can pick them up myself if they arent going to....
  • edited November 2006
    Helen said:
    The decent looking, funny, well put togethre guys never seem to walk up to me and start trying to pick me up....

That's cuz those are typically the nice guys and the nice guy isn't the one who is going to make such a bold approach by hitting on you. He's the one who is going to walk right by...

...I don't usually notice when I get hit on.. I'm still pretty clueless but it happens here and there. :kiss:
  • edited November 2006
    it's not too difficult to see which girls are ' checking ' you out when you walk by the hallways, but those girls/ opposite sex are usually the ones that aren't ever in your lectures so it's hard to meet them

like say your eyes meet when you pass each other, its not like a movie when coincedntally you'll both look back over your shoulders and then magic begins haha.
  • edited November 2006
    illicit said:
    it's not too difficult to see which girls are ' checking ' you out when you walk by the hallways, but those girls/ opposite sex are usually the ones that aren't ever in your lectures so it's hard to meet them
    haha i hear ya, its always a lil funny to me when i catch a really shy girl checkin me out, they get all nervous hehe :teeth:
  • edited November 2006
    you should ask the really shy girl out :P
  • edited November 2006
    I try to make eye contact with like every girl I walk by, even if she's not lookin hahaha...the ones that look usually mean you can get em if you try a lil but its still so hard at school for some reason. espcially knowing that if u get shot down, theres gonna be a lot of awkward moments when you pass her in teh hall that semester... best is when you run into a chick from school at a club then ur in just by being from sfu and being familiar listen up playaz
  • edited November 2006
    yeah but what if they just HAPPENED to be lookin at you and they find you checkin you out and she's probably not interested or taken. she'll think you're a total jerkoff or something, like total opposite yeknow/ and its less then 50 50 chance that she's into you as well haha cause usually it's just happen to look at someone walking by. its not like they'll watch the ceiling or something ahah.
  • edited November 2006
    illicit said:
    yeah but what if they just HAPPENED to be lookin at you and they find you checkin you out and she's probably not interested or taken. she'll think you're a total jerkoff or something, like total opposite yeknow/ and its less then 50 50 chance that she's into you as well haha cause usually it's just happen to look at someone walking by. its not like they'll watch the ceiling or something ahah.
    you'd be in the hallway anyways, so she'll most likely forget what you look like 5 minutes later. so who cares?:teeth:
  • edited November 2006
    giCe said:
    you'd be in the hallway anyways, so she'll most likely forget what you look like 5 minutes later. so who cares?:teeth:
    yeah but the difference is you're not good lookin' so obviously she'l forget <3 aha
  • edited November 2006
    illicit said:
    yeah but the difference is you're not good lookin' so obviously she'l forget <3 aha
    I don't know. Even when I give a second glance at the cute/hot ones in the hallway, I tend to forget what they look like by the time I get to my lectures or my car. It's fine and all to make eye contact or even exchange a friendly smile if you see someone you fancy in the hallway, but even then I forget their face after a few minutes.

Maybe I just have a horrible short-term memory
  • edited November 2006
    yeah that was a joke you didn't need to explain yourself

but it is true, there are a lot of people you see , even if they're your ' eye candy '

but i tend to be observative so i remember a lot of things haha. they just don't.. recall at the right times.
  • edited November 2006
    Helen said:
    I find I get hit on all the time but it's never by some amazing guy, it's always by creepy weirdos. The decent looking, funny, well put togethre guys never seem to walk up to me and start trying to pick me up....but the toothless wiggar alwasy seems to think we would be a perfect match. lol:confused:
    brownie points for you dear..=)
  • edited November 2006
    theres not even any ' wiggers ' at sfu.
  • edited November 2006
    because people relize after highschool there is a whole another world out there lol
  • edited November 2006
    Jimmy Tung said:
    because people relize after highschool there is a whole another world out there lol
    one that doesn't involve posing

or the concept that a ' gangster ' doesn't get anywhere in life haha.
  • edited November 2006
    hmmm interesting thread.

dun really think i notice ppl checking me out.

although random girls seem to start taking to me when im outside smoking but i guess they're just being friendly =)

its kinda funny watching "some toothless whigger" hitting on girls. quiet laugh inside and a grin on my face is usually the after math when i walk by and see one in action.

as for gangsters? not all gangsters are posers, many live life that way out of necessity or its all they know in life. abuse, both physical and mental plus emtional contribute to some people joining the "gangster" fad... just a place to fit in i guess?

although i know one friend who owns two houses two cars and pays for everything including his girlfriends tuition costs...

but the lifestyle is always of one revolving around illegal activities and looking over your shoulder. -- "the life we live the paths we choose, its simple life we simply loose"

so with that said... how bout girls pick up guys for a change? ^^
  • edited November 2006
    done and done :P
  • edited November 2006
    Jessika said:
    How often would you say you got hit on?
    How do you feel about this?..

My friend and I were having a convo..he was talking about how often I get hit on (hes gay) he said that he wished the same would happen to him so often....I thought it was quite weird..because I find that I almost feel cheap, u?
    I concur with your friend, incidentally. :D
  • edited November 2006
    I hit on Jessika everytime I see her:teeth: ... cya in Psych
  • edited November 2006
    It's the same for me...I always get hit on by creepy weirdos...I don't know why! I think maybe they think I look friendly and approachable, and it's true because I usually don't have the heart to be mean to them... Even when I try, I can't...I feel too guilty.

At school, I never put effort in to look good, and so I dont' expect to get hit on, so I never watch for it. But I've had a few guy friends tell me that they can't beleive i don't notice all the guys staring at me and stuff.... I guess I'm just in my own world thinking about other things...One time there were these guys on the bus whistling and yelling at me to get my attention,a nd I didn't even notice for a while..imagine that! (speaking of creepers eww)
  • edited November 2006
    Berlyn said:

One time there were these guys on the bus whistling and yelling at me to get my attention,a nd I didn't even notice for a while..imagine that! (speaking of creepers eww)
    or they were just assholes making fun of you.
  • edited November 2006
    illicit said:
    ROFL

Could've been true :omg:
  • edited November 2006
    illicit said:

I would of prefered that I think lol. Unfortunately I did start talking to them and that wasn't the case.

Leave a Comment