To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Thinking of taking Psych 280

edited November 2006 in General
Hey guys, Im tryin to figure out which classes to take in spring and one I'm considering is Psychology 280 (Biological Psychology). Im taking Bio 101 right now but I'm not that good at Science. Is it very dependent on Bio 101? Any advice would help, im so lost. Thanks :angel:

Comments

• edited October 2006
    Having a solid background in biology definitely helps although it is not a pre-requisite. I took this class and I was not lost at all. The concepts are easy to understand and focus more on neuroscience and brain biology than anything else...Hmmm and make sure you get a tutorial early in the morning because the late night ones are brutal
  • edited November 2006
    take it with watson not beyerstein.
    PRINT out the notes. dont be cheap like i was. it'll help out a lot. be sure to pre-read/keep up with readings. theres nothing like doing 4 lectures/chapters in a night. it wont work.

if bryan jones is ur TA, although he doesnt tell you, he will take off 10% per page that you go over on ur paper. i lost 30% and dropped to a 60 because of it.

watson kicks ass. just pray he doesnt have another baby delivered mid semester or you'll get a monotone, tired, drowsy lecturer.
  • edited November 2006
    Having even Bio12 would help but again not that essential. The course should be extremely easy if you are taking bisc 101. Just keep in mind that psyc 280 is geared for non-science students so you be the judge.

Leave a Comment