To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Interesting courses to take...

edited November 2006 in General
Hey, I'm looking for some easy/interesting courses to take for next semester... I have no idea what I'm gonna take =(

probably introduction to research methods, psych...
and stats for psych.. (yes, I am a psych major :P )

But what else is there to take? something interesting and easy... but if you had to weigh, I'd say rather more interesting than easy... I seem to fuck up my easy courses cos there's too many smart people taking them, and pulling me down :)

Comments

• edited October 2006
    I took a Linguistics course on a whim and while I'm not a fan of the prof, the subject itself is really interesting and I will be continuing in it.

If you want to take something outside of your major just to get some breadth, I'd suggest looking at the Certificate for Liberal Arts. While you probably wouldn't complete the certificate, it gives you some ideas of some intro level courses that you may be interested in taking.

It's on the SFU homepage... I'm too lazy to find it for you. ;)
  • edited October 2006
    Try out Social Psychology...some of the stuff they teach you in it (260 i think?) is very interesting and you can actually apply it to real life. And if you are a somewhat social person, you will find it extremely easy. Good luck to you
  • edited October 2006
    for me

french for beginners
    philosophy possibly
    human sexuality

did you guys get your spring course catalogues yet?
  • edited October 2006
    I like taking intro level courses in everything and anything to get a foundation in a broad range of topics...but it has resulted in me being 2 years behind my degree:tongue: I didnt like psyc 201 or 210 so dry and not representative at all of most other Psychology classes. When do we get the newspaper thing?
  • edited October 2006
    I got my spring course catalogue today, so I'll bet yours are on their way!
  • edited October 2006
    Malakaiii said:
    I got my spring course catalogue today, so I'll bet yours are on their way!
    i'm guessing they give the catalogues first to students with lower intellect so they have more time to figure it out . jokes.

registration dates everyone? i'm nov 23rd , le badd.
  • edited October 2006
    I've already got my schedule planned because you can access it online through go.sfu. So :P

I'm trying to juggle waaay too much volunteering. Let's hope I actually get the classes I want!
  • edited November 2006
    Psych 100 and English 102 were the easiest courses I've ever taken.
    Give those a try.
  • edited November 2006
    Human Sexuality is definetly the best course I took.
  • edited November 2006
    what course is human sexuality? I mean, I can't find it in the paper or anything? help pls :S

EDIT: Apparently, they don't offer human sexuality this semester... kinda stupid :(

Leave a Comment