To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

How can I meet rich guys?

edited November 2006 in General
My hairdresser told me that I would be a great mate for a rich man because I am intelligent, a good listener and well travelled.
Also... I want to have a comfortable life and afford to go on nice vacations. If I have kids...(fingers crossed-- not the legs) I would like to stay home with them all day till the youngest is 5.

So I was wondering... where do the rich, preferably handsome, single men hang out?

Comments

• edited October 2006
    For real, Spider?

Hang out in Whistler a lot more. Or get into marketing and hang out at business conferences and Vancouver Board of Trade dealies. The old money in this town is basically yacht club, board room, and vacation land. So catching them in between is kinda hard.

Maybe work out at a private fitness club out in Kits or West Van or something. I am sure there must be a bunch of those old school men's clubs packed with richers.

Also, take up golf. Play it a lot on vacation.

Happy hunting! :smile:
  • edited October 2006
    ARE U FUCKIn JOKINg
  • edited October 2006
    Maybe your hairdresser isn't the best person to be getting advice from...

Why not get where you want to be in your life (if you want to be wealthy, make your own money), and then search out someone who fits with you. Don't just look for someone rich (or handsome or tall or something).

If you continue to be so closed-minded and ridiculous, I wouldn't be surprised if you are incredibly lonely in the future, or in an awful relationship.
  • edited October 2006
    hmmm can someone say g g g gold digger
  • edited October 2006
    Malakaiii said:
    Maybe your hairdresser isn't the best person to be getting advice from...

ditto

i don't believe your hairdresser has studied social / human ethics and morales or something along those lines to tell you how you should be as a person.
  • edited October 2006
    u should worry about urself first.. make urself worth it for a rich guy to want to go out with u.. im sorry but id never take u on a date wit that attitude
  • edited November 2006
    guess4life said:
    My hairdresser told me that I would be a great mate for a rich man because I am intelligent
    no you're not
    If that's what you plan on doing you might as well drop out of sfu and let someone else who actually values education and make something of him/herself take your place :)
    Royal Gala said:
    For real, Spider?

Also, take up golf. Play it a lot on vacation.

Happy hunting! :smile:
    It's a myth, I've been playing golf since I was 3, the lot of us are ugly and/or poor
  • edited November 2006
    sleep with me and i will let you see the digits of my bank account. maybe even give you a crisp new fiver. do u feel cheap yet? good. it's about time.
  • edited November 2006
    ur user name has told me that u are cheap.
    "guess4life"? i assume the brand "guess", a want to be brand of something good. the design of the jeans, the accessories are pure copies of gucci and diesel styles.

ohly shit.. go for some "Gucci4life" or something if u are into golddigging.

a rich guy will only play around with you, then chuck you like a whore.
  • edited November 2006
    nipples said:
    do u feel cheap yet? good. it's about time.
    ouchhh...

But seriously, why would you even ask that?
    Why do you want a rich guy in the first place?
    If you use his money, wouldn't you feel like you're beneath him because you're feeding off of his successes?? (some) rich guys end up thinking that they own you and that you can be bought out.
  • edited November 2006
    who doesn't want a rich guy as a boyfriend or even a husband so to say?? every girl in the right mind must've come across this thought.. but let me ask you this.. why are you after rich guys in the first place? because of what the hairdresser said?
  • edited November 2006
    hahahaha .... i heard the mcdonalds crew is makin big bucks nowadays
  • edited November 2006
    a) you get rich and find that social circle yourself
    b) sleep around until you find that circle
    c) make sure you're really desirable

I'm assuming you're looking for guys around your age...mid to late 20's, maybe even early 30's? If so, I can tell you straight up that most of them won't be looking for the qualities which your hairdresser pointed out to you. I can say this because I've got cousins around that age who are considerably successful.

Now, if you're looking for a sugar daddy, that's another story.
  • edited November 2006
    trdude said:
    ur user name has told me that u are cheap.
    "guess4life"? i assume the brand "guess", a want to be brand of something good. the design of the jeans, the accessories are pure copies of gucci and diesel styles.

ohly shit.. go for some "Gucci4life" or something if u are into golddigging.

a rich guy will only play around with you, then chuck you like a whore.

AHAHA... that's harshh but that's so true. LOLOL.
  • edited November 2006
    Thanks for your kinda and not so kind responses. Whats wrong with wanting to be financially stable in my future?

I mostly want a rich guy cause the chances that they've seen the world are dramatically increased. I don't want some poor redneck who's been to Vegas once and Disneyland three times.

Anyways... I don't expect to be ridiculously spoiled while dating--- but I do want to be able to stay home with the children while they are little. And maybe older. I want someone who can afford to do that.

Besides, I think hanging out with rich guys might be a nice change from hanging out with cvrs, hippies, and musicians.
  • edited November 2006
    And for the record... I'd rather meet an interesting hard working middle class guy than a boring old money guy.
    But it won't hurt me to try meet different types of people for a change.
    Rich guys need hugs too.
  • edited November 2006
    Go stand in front of the lotto 649 head office and proposition all the newly rich guys coming out of there.
  • edited November 2006
    guess4life said:
    Thanks for your kinda and not so kind responses. Whats wrong with wanting to be financially stable in my future?

I mostly want a rich guy cause the chances that they've seen the world are dramatically increased. I don't want some poor redneck who's been to Vegas once and Disneyland three times.

Anyways... I don't expect to be ridiculously spoiled while dating--- but I do want to be able to stay home with the children while they are little. And maybe older. I want someone who can afford to do that.

Besides, I think hanging out with rich guys might be a nice change from hanging out with cvrs, hippies, and musicians.
    rich guys aren't the only people who've seen the world dear.. and they only do see the good/luxury side of it.. i'll apologize if i sound stereotypical but what are the chances of him seeing the ugly side of life?

good for you for not wanting to be spoiled while dating a rich guy.. people like that give the female population a bad name.. but nevertheless you don't have to have a rich husband to stay home and take care of your children.. my aunt and some family friends aren't stinking rich.. yet they are a full time housewives.. it's more of a personal choice.. =)

as for financially stable.. well.. think of it as an incentive.. afterall rich guys can face bankruptcy.. so instead of going for the money.. find someone you can identify with first.. fall in love with the man and not his money.. you'll be better off and happier that way..

toodles
  • edited November 2006
    Jessika said:
    Go stand in front of the lotto 649 head office and proposition all the newly rich guys coming out of there.
    OWNED!! lol:omg:
  • edited November 2006
    well... put it this way... how rich is rich? i have a car, decent clothes (banana republic), and make my own income about a grand a month give or take a little (stupid taxes). that makes me richer then some and poorer then most. but i feel pretty rich myself? =)

but future wise i plan to be a highschool teacher so i guess that aint rich enough =) hard to get rich in canada with all the taxes but 73,000 pay cap for 9 months of work isnt all too bad. gives me a chance to spend time with my kids =)

but what i lack in money i guess im rich in life? ^^

if you want to meet rich guys i know a pretty rich guy with his own place, expensive clothes, and owns 2 audi's and a benz. =) but i think he already has a gf now.. so too slow i guess...

and i think ppl should be nicer here. shes just asking for advice not insults. dont like her post? then dont reply.. my 2 cents.

cheers ^^

p.s. good luck to you guess4life on your journey to meet a rich guy.
  • edited November 2006
    any news on if you've found a rich guy yet? ^^
  • edited November 2006
    nipples said:
    sleep with me and i will let you see the digits of my bank account. maybe even give you a crisp new fiver. do u feel cheap yet? good. it's about time.

lololololololol...luv it!

Leave a Comment