To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Registration dateS?

edited November 2006 in General
What kinda registration dates did you guys end up getting? Mine is Nov. 17 and Im 4th year...I dunno if thats early or late

Comments

• edited October 2006
    November 27....I personally think that is late compared to the rest of my friends its like the shaft date...
  • edited October 2006
    Nov 19. I'm first year at SFU, but I transferred... so I dunno how it works.

How do they choose these anyway? I've heard that it is grade dependent, and I heard that it is based on when you applied... hm
  • edited October 2006
    i got a real early one, 9th O_o

maybe its just random draw? haha
  • edited October 2006
    I think it used to be grade dependent, but now they made it random :)
    I haven't checked my yet...
  • edited October 2006
    I liked the grade dependent one at Langara because I always got a super early date, secured the classes I wanted, and therefore did well... so I got an early date the next time. It was a nice cycle if you were on it's good side!

I can definitely see how that could ruin someone, so I'm glad that they have randomized it. I just hope that I get what I need!
  • edited October 2006
    i think it starts nov 6...cause that's what it says on the spring catalogue

in terms of what they base it on, i doubt grades has anything to do with it. i think it's based on if you're a first year, and if you've declared your major. declaring your major should get you an early date. i think it's pretty much random other than that.

my date - nov 21...
  • edited October 2006
    I heard its based on how many credits you have but it seems so fuckin random sometimes... I got Nov. 17, not bad
  • edited October 2006
    I got 16th and I'm 3rd year
  • edited October 2006
    Hahaha it seems like some urban myth NO ONE knows how it is calculatded...anyways, I got my calendar yesterday nothing special... I might end up with all my classes on monday and tuesday if I'm lucky
  • edited November 2006
    Spring semester will be my second semester in SFU. My enrollment appointment is on Nov 24-it's so late compared to a previous one.
  • edited November 2006
    Mine's Nov 27th too!!! ARGHHH, looks like I've gotten the latest date in here... I'm first year. This sucks.
  • edited November 2006
    Tinana said:
    Mine's Nov 27th too!!! ARGHHH, looks like I've gotten the latest date in here... I'm first year. This sucks.
    ouchh! but dont worry if ur classes are full, jus wait til first week everyone switiching and droppin classes then, so spots will turn up in those full classes.. and if not u can talk to the prof, they usually dont mind accomodating more students
  • edited November 2006
    Nov. 18 I wish it was earlier I hate it when all the classes I want fill up.
  • edited November 2006
    Nov 8. FYI Enrollment appointments are based on CGPA, credits you have, and if you've declared your major.
  • edited November 2006
    November 8th for me. Like kappamaki said: CGPA, credits, major. I think it's amounts of credits, major, then CGPA in terms of registration dates for returning SFU students. Priority registration is given to varsity athletes, scholarship recipients, and those with learning disabilities.
  • edited November 2006
    I was talking to a friend today who told me that they are based on GPA first and then how many credits you have. I ot think the major would have any affect on your registration date. It does affect when you can register for upper division classes in your faculty though so keep an eye out for that. If you know what you are planning on doing it is best to declare your major as early as you can.
  • edited November 2006
    nov 27th........... grrr!!!
  • edited November 2006
    Nov. 9th

Your date depends on your CGPA and the number of credits you have.
  • edited November 2006
    I'm still waiting on mine... Tuesday... *twiddles thumbs*
  • edited November 2006
    Yay Grad School, no more worrying about registration dates, nyeeheehee.... :tongue:
  • edited November 2006
    nov 15
  • edited November 2006
    i got pretty shafted with nov 24...it especially sucks because the course i need only has 4 spots left as of right now =/
  • edited November 2006
    I'm first year and my enrollment date was on the 27th... I got 1 out of the 4 classes I needed... which is really sucks.

Leave a Comment