To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Whats with this SFSS drama??

edited November 2006 in General
Whats been going on with the SFSS this semester? Mad politics going on there was some huge meeting last week and supposedly they impeached glynn lewis?? Anyone care to explan what went down?

Comments

• edited October 2006
    all i know is on like the first week when we went to get our lib card, some lady told me and the rest of us in line to sign the petition that way theres a meeting to discuss the unlawful impeachment of the board member.

then like two weeks later in one of my lecs, a guy tell us that what we actually signed was to NEGATE the meeting instead, so then we had to sign another petition to negate the previous signature.

then here we are since then.
  • edited October 2006
    hhm... I don't really follow the drama or anything, but I'd love to know about it... anyone wanna fill me is? who is Glynn Lewis... etc etc...?
  • edited October 2006
    Well I dont get involved into these things (too much school work). But here's the gist of what happened... There was a girl named Hattie Aitken that was fired from the SFSS for supposedly leaking secrets about a 1.5 million $ contract to an insurance company who was trying to get the contract with SFU. Anyways, the SFSS is a board of 7 members, one of whom is Glynn Lewis. The board is under fire because they didnt have the authority to fire her or do sum other things they did (like confiscate the computers).

Anyways, a bunch of grad stuents got together and decided to impeach the current student society due to those things. It was quite the scene at Convo mall last wednesday when they held the impeachment meeting there was well over 700 people there.
  • edited October 2006
    It's all a buncha BS if you ask me... yalll need to get together n smoke a joint an d TALK IT OUT...
  • edited October 2006
    i dunno..its kinda stupid.. i dun give a crap neways..
  • edited October 2006
    Fucc it :S tthey should keep politics outta university...
  • edited November 2006
    What I dont understand is how anyone involved in our Student Government has any time to Study and take care of the current insaneness!

I mean, I am swamped as it is. I couldn't imagin organizing any sort of rally or legal action.

Leave a Comment