To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Some TA's don't give a shit about students

edited October 2006 in General
What the fuck is wrong with some of the TA's?

They obviously only care about makin' money (if they make any) and gettin' into grad school. Some of the TA's I've had were rude, snobby, unhelpful, and somewhat biased. One gave me a shitty grade on a paper and did not give me clear reason for that grade. He actually told me to go away. I told him to go fuck himself and I dropped the piece of shit class.

FUCK SFU

Comments

• edited October 2006
    I feel you, some TAs are fuckin pricks but ive had some that were coo. I actually blazed wit my crim Ta in the summer time so you can't say their all messed but a majoirty of them only help you if they like u n shit. I aint the tyupe of guy to be suckin up all the time likea brown-noser so i get the mark i get ftw
  • edited October 2006
    I disagree with some of your comments above. Recieving a bad mark on an essay is hardly justification to slam a TA. Perhaps you have not set a good example of coming to class on time or put enough effort into the class. Self-analysis is as important as laying blame on others my friend.
  • edited October 2006
    I agree with you that SOME TA's are total bitches...
    Back in college, I had this teacher that hated me for never coming to class, so he used to give me like D's and C's for my essays though I knew that I was much better than that. I told him that if he wanted to, he can take away all my participation marks, but it's unfair that he's taking marks away from other parts of the course because I'm not showing up to class... He pretty much ignored that =/

For our final paper, I wrote an essay that got a C+, but the essay that I wrote for my girlfriend (she was in the same class), got A-

Really pissed me off, but there's nothing you can do... not like I can go complain that I wrote both essays... =(

But yeah, some teachers and professors should go die, cos their ego is too big for a student to skip a class, so they can't see their own biased shit...

Then again, there are some teachers that are really really nice :)

Just sorry to hear that you got a bad TA...

Wanna share who it is and for what class? this way I know not to take that class... Thanks
  • edited October 2006
    It was GEOG 369 with Joe Irwin (I think thats his name) and the TA's name was Mike or something. This was 2 years ago so I don't remember names.

The actual profs should do the marking. I know they're busy with their research shit but students should be their first priority for fucks sakes.
  • edited October 2006
    ping pong said:
    It was GEOG 369 with Joe Irwin (I think thats his name) and the TA's name was Mike or something. This was 2 years ago so I don't remember names.

The actual profs should do the marking. I know they're busy with their research shit but students should be their first priority for fucks sakes.
    my REM100 prof is Irwin as well, but fortunately my TA provides all her extra effort notes online for us, summarizes readings, and really puts her effort into it so i really appreciate the TAs because of her.

And being the dumbass i am in labs, i've (includes fellow " genius' " in my group) ticked off TA's by accidentally screwing up whole procedures and wasting limited materials while im at it, but they'll still be ok to help you out afterwards.... the week after that is haha.
  • edited October 2006
    I have a bio TA who was threatening to take 10% off my course mark for trying to change the date of my presentation. It didnt even matter when I presented...for GODS SAKE the class signed up for whatever was most convenient for them so changing it didnt even affect anyone. I snapped at him but he was really stubborn so i had to take a bit of a hit. TAs can be huge pricks sometimes fuck em
  • edited October 2006
    my only beef with TA's is that some of em cant even speak english..
  • edited October 2006
    You guys should be going through the proper avenues to complain about these people who are not doing their job properly!

Make a complaint to the prof or to the faculty. It sucks to have your grades hinging on TA who hates you!

Leave a Comment