To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Question About Morning After Pill

edited October 2006 in General
I feel very embarrased about asking this but im pretty scared..
Its now 12:25 PM Friday

My boyfriend and I had an unprotected sex yesterday at 2 PM. I took the Morning After Pill 2 hours later at 4 PM then the second pill at 4 AM today. But we had an unprotected sex again at 11 AM. Just an hour ago.

Will the Morning After Pill still work?

Comments

• edited October 2006
    Oh jeez...

First of all, buy some condoms or get on birth control pills. The Morning After pill is pretty hard on your body and is meant to be an emergency contraceptive, not a one day free pass for unprotected sex! Also, the effectiveness is pretty low compared to most kinds of birth control (about 90%).

From what I was reading online, it seems to be good for 3 days after taking it.

Personally, I'd be calling my doctor.
  • edited October 2006
    Rhea said:
    I feel very embarrased about asking this but im pretty scared..
    Its now 12:25 PM Friday

My boyfriend and I had an unprotected sex yesterday at 2 PM. I took the Morning After Pill 2 hours later at 4 PM then the second pill at 4 AM today. But we had an unprotected sex again at 11 AM. Just an hour ago.

Will the Morning After Pill still work?
    but taking it at 4pm wasnt the morning after!! lol
  • edited October 2006
    don't ask me how I know, but I THINK it goes something like this...

you take it withing 6h - 90%
    12h - 70%
    or something like that... it just drops and drops and drops... if you wanna be safe, go get another pair of aftermorning pills... but I guess that by the time you read this, it will be too late... and yeah, my ex's have told me that it's really really hard on the body :( and you'll probably feel like throwing up, but you don't wanna cos you have the pills in you...

good luck..

p.s. I'm not from Vancouver, or even Canada, so i'm just wondering, can you just get the pills over the counter, and how much are they?
    Back home, you can get em over the counter for around 12CAD :)
  • edited October 2006
    ummm i would be asking a doctore not an internet foruM!!
  • edited October 2006
    umm..you're an idiot. I hope you get pregnant, except that I'd feel bad for the kid.

I don't usually like to be such a hater, but seriously..somebody had to say it.
  • edited October 2006
    r u 14? why'r u so stupid? u can make excuse for the first time, but why the second time?
  • edited October 2006
    you really should be on some sorta birth control. The morning after pill is only 75% effective if taken properly, so it is not a means of birth control!!
    Many walk in clinics will give you free samples of birth control pills if you ask them, or there are many teen clinics around that give free birth control. If you think your ready to have sex, then be responsible and safe. To me, you dont sound ready at all to have sex.
  • edited October 2006
    you're a moron.

Leave a Comment