To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Guy Question

edited September 2006 in General
My sister swears that guys are actually attracted to high-maintenance kind of girls. Ones that play head games and demand all the attention, and whine and such. I am NOT high maintenance, if anything I'm more of a tomboy and prefer hanging out to fancy dinners. I think she's full of it, because a lot of guys I know are turned off by high maintenance. Which one of us is right?

Comments

• edited July 2006
    Totally depends on the guy. I personally think most guys are attracted to "hot" girls - and sometimes, what is considered "hot" to a lot of guys is achieved through that high-maintenance lifestyle.
    Also, attractiveness has a lot to do with self-confidence and how you project yourself. A lot of high-maintenance sorts are just full of confidence (maybe a little too much :P) and so make themselves very attractive.
    In the end, the types of guys that go for the high-maintenance gals due to "hot"ness are not the guys you want yourself. They are all about flavor-of-the-week, so to speak.

But this is just my opinon so take it with a grain of salt. I'm like you - a tomboy. If I'm high maintenance in anything, it's my anime collection.
  • edited July 2006
    i think that yea guys are more attracted to girls who put in a lil effort to look good, it kinda seems obvious. in the end though it depends on if u have a good personality, if he gets to know u and ur a snob and whine and bitch all day ur not gonna be attractive to him anymore n hes not gonna wanna keep u around long, but if ur actually nice why wouldnt he like u? but i dont think all girls who try to look good and take time for it are "high maintanence" and spoiled and complain all day long, thats kinda stereotyping it. i think maybe the guys that are turned off by "hot" girls are ones who have had bad experiences wit them like only met the snobby ones and so they dont want to even bother anymore.
  • edited September 2006
    Honestly, I think that guys are attracted to high maintenance women to the same degree that women are attracted to jerks. It's sad to say, but a lot of people are attracted to people that are bad for them.
  • edited September 2006
    Personally I thing guys start out thinking they want someone like this, but they quickly seem to change their tune. I mean who wants to wait two to three hours to get ready to go out. Or someone who won't let you roll the window in the car because they are afraid of their hair getting messed up.
  • edited September 2006
    yeah well guys like those kind of girls also cuz they get to flash them around.. so if thats a benefit of dating them then u gotta deal with the stuff that comes with it.. like as much as u think shes being a baby for not wanting her hair to get wrecked, ur being a baby for wanting the window down too soo suck it up:tongue:
  • edited September 2006
    Guys dont like high maintenance girls. Its actually a psychological game that girls of that type play with guys. They pick the weak minded ones, fuck with their head so they can get attention and make the guy do anything they want. Usually the guy keeps doing it cuz the girl is hot or she just has him mentally trapped...go figure
  • edited September 2006
    JohnnyBoy said:
    Guys dont like high maintenance girls. Its actually a psychological game that girls of that type play with guys. They pick the weak minded ones, fuck with their head so they can get attention and make the guy do anything they want. Usually the guy keeps doing it cuz the girl is hot or she just has him mentally trapped...go figure
    wow i think uve had some bad experiences:tongue:
  • edited September 2006
    i think u guys are confusing girls who like to dress up and look pretty with girls who are bitchy n snobby.. i happen to love that my gf gets all dolled up everyday.. shes so cute n sweet
  • edited September 2006
    JohnnyBoy said:
    whoa dude you got sum issues
  • edited September 2006
    Guys aren't into high-maintaince. Guys are into the chase though. Trust me. If you don't give a guy the time of day, he will want to be around you that much more. Flirting is the key.. that is what they are attracted to. Always leave them wanting more (Personality!)

They dont want someone that wants them to constantly buy things and is constantly ragging on them (unless they were a doormat to begin with).

Leave a Comment