To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Opinions from the opposite sex

edited October 2006 in General
Ok all you future/current women health professionals out there... lets put this forum to its proper use...to get real, direct, and open opinions from the opposite sex so we can do things better!! :teeth: So that being the case, lets get some starting opinions from the ladies to help us cluless guys (like me) out.

Some questions for the ladies:

1. Where do you go to pick up guys.... and vice versa... where do you go whenever your hoping to get picked up? (the latter the more important question). A bar is the obvious answer, but anywhere else?

2. If you had to have a guy ask you out in a particular way what would it be... the direct traditional approach or something less committal.

3. If you (as a single woman) had a guy take you out for a fun first date what do you imagine it would be. What would you go for the cliche or something less traditional (and maybe risky because you may not like it) Another way to ask this question is: Describe your ideal first date.

That should do it for a beggining list.

If you would like to know my personal delima (as a guy) its always been #3 ...:sad: I can't find anything that is actually exciting or interesting to do on a first date! (Its sad I know). I mean there are always the cliche things like a movie, dinner etc but that's sooooo cliche that I would feel lame and self-conscious even asking a women to a movie as a first date.

Help us poor guys out and drop us some opinions please ladies. :secret:

Comments

• edited October 2006
    and is cooking a desirable trait for a guy? ive heard it's always been good.
  • edited October 2006
    Okay, I'll play along. ;)

1. Where do you go to pick up guys?
    Personally, I have never considered going to a bar to pick up guys/be picked up. I guess it depends on the kind of person you want to meet. If you want to meet someone who likes clubs or bars, then those are the places to go. I would suggest going for what you like to do and finding girls there. This way you will have some common interests! Oh, house parties are always fun too, and often mean that you have some of the same friends which is a good way to retroactively get a phone number or find out more about so-and-so.

2. If you had to have a guy ask you out in a particular way what would it be... the direct traditional approach or something less committal.
    Well... it depends on how well you know the person. If I didn't really know the guy and he pressured me or surprised me with asking me out, I'd probably decline unless I was really into him (probably not very likely!). But if it was someone I had hung out with with friends or in a social setting and I knew he was cool, then a direct approach would be okay. Basically: if you know them a bit, direct is fine. But if you don't know them that well, you might want to be less committal.

3. Describe your ideal first date.
    Again, this is going to be really different from person to person. The best thing you can possibly do is tap into something you know she likes. I would really suggest some kind of pre-date contact (phone, email, chat, etc), that will allow you to get a feel for what she likes to do. I really like hiking or the beach, so that would be cool for me. But another girl would be peeved if she didn't get a nice dinner. Someone else might want to go to a movie, or play minigolf or something... If you can modify what you do to the girl you're with, she will be very impressed. Or give her the power to choose what she wants to do. Sorry, but there's no magic date solution!

Cooking
    I think women like a man who can cook because it's exhausting to have to cook all the time. A meal always tastes better when it's been made by someone else with you in mind! I don't think you have to have awesome culinary skills, but you should at least be willing to learn a bit and laugh at your mistakes. Plus it can be a lot of fun to cook together. I am thrilled when my boyfriend makes me spaghetti or soup or something on those days when I am so tired...
  • edited October 2006
    i pick up guys on the bus lol i know kinda cliche but u run into some real hotties

Leave a Comment