To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Does SFU care about withdrawalls???

edited January 2007 in General
Does SFU care if there is a withdrawal on your transcript???????????????????

I may have to withdraw from one of my classes and it wont count against the GPA but will be on the transcript. Will the universities care????????????????????

Comments

• edited October 2006
    it'll pretty much just b shown as withdrawl on ur transcript

it wont affect anything about graduating and stuf, sometimes ppl have to withdrawl because of circumstances with family and life, thats out of the student's control, and the university wont judge
  • edited October 2006
    A withdrawal looks a heck of a lot better than a very poor or failing grade that will mess up your GPA.

I'm pretty sure that one or two withdrawals aren't going to screw you up at SFU.
  • edited October 2006
    Ws are not counted in the calculation of your GPA and thus, SFU will not care about them in undergraduate admissions.

They just simply tell people you're a quitter.
  • edited January 2007
    they don't tell people you're a quitter...that's pretty bad to assume that.

a WD notation will be on your transcript. if you're in good academic standing and only have 1 or 2 WD's, other universities won't think anything of it. shit happens

If some special circumstance occured...uncontrollable, such as a death in the family, or your work schedule has changed and it affects your studies...you can apply for a WE (withdraw under extenuating circumstances). Better to get a WE than a WD if you can...but either way...don't stress over it.

as malakaii said...better that than a big ol' F

Leave a Comment