To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Tattoos - What and Where?

edited October 2006 in General
Just wondering what tattoos everyone has and where they are?

I went with a friend to watch him get tattooed a few weeks ago and it made me really want one!

Any suggestions on where the best place is for a girl to be tattooed? I don't know what I want yet, though. Maybe when I pick the spot I can decide what I want!

Comments

• edited October 2006
    are you male or female and which body part you want tattooed, and what kind of a tattoo?
  • edited October 2006
    The best place for a girl to get a tatty? Wher do I even begin! I think one on the lower back is sexy but over done (lotta girls have it). Ankel is pretty good, or best one....shoulder blade...but it depends on what it is of
  • edited October 2006
    ink on the ankle.

dont know why i find it attractive, althoguh im no where close to being a ' foot ' guy if yeknow what i mean
  • edited October 2006
    im gettin mine on the side of my lower abs..like at the same level of my hips so its kinda hidden but when i dont wanna hide it, it will pretty sexy
  • edited October 2006
    the reason why I asked if malakaiii is male or female is because there are just some spots that are really inconvenient for females... e.g Jessika, I don't recommend getting a tat on on the stomach area because it will really really strech when you are pregnant and after you give birth and then it will look weird... also getting it on arms (like not the shoulder or bicep area) is also very akward for both male and female, because it will only look nice in one position, the skin on that place just moves too much, so if you show it on anohter angel, the tattoo will look weird...

I wanna expand my tattoo, so Jessika, if you interested, we can go together or something...?

The place to get it would be on davie, West Coast Tattoo, or something like that.. he's supposed to be really crazy and he's like world known and stuff...
  • edited October 2006
    I had a girlfriend who had two sparrows just above her hips, WOW!!! nothing sexier. very nice for kissing. very hot.
  • edited October 2006
    Wow... lots of replies already. Thanks everyone!

I am female, and I really don't know what I want yet. Probably something stylized that involves some symbols that are meaningful to me. I'll let my boyfriend help me choose too.

I know what you mean, Mengs, about tattoos getting stretched, which is why I'm concerned about where to get it! I will be having kids in the future, so the stomach area is probably a bad idea.

Shoulder blade and ankle both sound like good ideas, thanks Mac!

Personally, I like Sacred Heart downtown, if anyone wants to get inked up... ;)
  • edited October 2006
    I'm thinking of expanding, but I wanna get another one too...
    also, it's totally your choice, but I'm a little against getting color tattoos, cos after a while, they start to fade and it will just look weird... some ppl don't mind going back and touching it up etc etc... but I don't really like to bother doing those things... so you gotta think about it first.. and a lot of people regret their first tat, I for one love my first tat. but you know, it's gonna be with you forever... =) so good luck and have fun :)
  • edited October 2006
    What is your tattoo, Mengs?

I know what you mean about colour. But they look so snazzy for a while... until they get all faded and green!
  • edited October 2006
    I have a tat on my left shoulder... it's a set of praying hands, and I'm gonna expand it to have my parents and my brothers name on it... it's pretty much between the bicep/tricep area...

Leave a Comment