To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Signatures w/Pictures

edited November 2006 in General
same as title.

allow pictures to be put in signatures? just as long as their under a certain size? say 350 x 150 that way people won't be loading signatures that are half the size of their screen and killing dialup users

Comments

• edited October 2006
    I like this idea
  • edited October 2006
    me three
  • edited October 2006
    hello mods?
  • edited October 2006
    who is still using dial up now and days. what do you men load picture can't u insert a picture.?
  • edited October 2006
    Hi guys, sorry for the delayed response. We have considered graphics in the signature but it slows down the page load time significantly (which ultimately affects you, the members). Although not by a lot, it gets to be a annoying when you are in a rush. However, I think the site is ready for a little personality so we agree with you. Do you think avatars would be better or graphics in the signature. Please give your viewpoints so we may pick one of the two for you guys.

Summer
    TalkSFU Admin
  • edited October 2006
    Claritin, currently you can't use a picture as part of your signature

signatures can express more since it's a bit bigger/varies, where avatars are relatively more restricted.

again, there would be a reasonable size restriction, 350 x 150 would be my suggestion ( average size on other forums )
  • edited October 2006
    Images in the signature is a good idea. I think it is a better idea than using avatars because avatar pics can already be posted in your profile. However, we have to upgrade the forum software before we will be able to include this feature. We will let you guys know as soon as this is done. Until then, keep posting and enjoy!
  • edited November 2006

I find that they allow for quick recognition of people that is sometimes difficult just going by screen-names.
  • edited November 2006
    but signatures are bigger / better detail

if i'm correct, forums only allow very low resolution avatars with a small size the size of a toonie.

Leave a Comment