To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

What are you watching?

edited October 2006 in General
Summer, the time of doldrums for tv and blockbusters for movies. Come on, you can't be working all the time, you have to be kicking back and relaxing at least a little. When you do, what do you watch?

Comments

• edited July 2006
    I've been watching alot of TNT and USA lately. I love any Law and Order. The first series is still my favorite even if I have seen most of them.
  • edited July 2006
    Nothing!! Ive been surfing the net like now! :P
    Im also playing some pc games to keep myself amused.
  • edited July 2006
    i'm on a big arrested development kick right now. my friends are crazy about it and they've gotten me hooked big-time. just finished the first season dvds.
  • edited July 2006
    Ack! Don't tell me I'm the only one hooked on reality TV? From Hell's Kitchen to So You Think You Can Dance, it's my guilty pleasure this summer.
  • edited July 2006
    i miss the fall shows!!! i need desperate housewives n greys anatomyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited July 2006
    oh, i've been watching law & order too. my bf likes that show a lot.
  • edited July 2006
    daria564 said:
    i'm on a big arrested development kick right now. my friends are crazy about it and they've gotten me hooked big-time. just finished the first season dvds.
    That show was so great! I cant believe foxx canceled it! I dont understand why they do stuff like that! It won all kinds of awards and yet they still canned it. Jerks!
  • edited July 2006
    america's got talent hahaha
  • edited July 2006
    palefrost said:
    That show was so great! I cant believe foxx canceled it! I dont understand why they do stuff like that! It won all kinds of awards and yet they still canned it. Jerks!
    it always makes me kind of sad when i start watching a show on reruns/dvd when it's already been cancelled....
    and i seem to always like the shows that are doomed to get canned.
  • edited July 2006
    daria564 said:
    it always makes me kind of sad when i start watching a show on reruns/dvd when it's already been cancelled....
    I know just what you mean! It's like reading a book by someone who's not writing anymore. It's frustrating because you want it to go on but you know there won't be any more.
  • edited October 2006
    One of my favourite shows is Rescue Me on Showcase, with Denis Leary. One of the funniest, bluntest shows out there. But I also can't wait for the OC to start up again. I'm not afraid to admit i'm addicted to that soap opera, even though it's kind of gone down hill. Although i'm really gald that marissa (mischa Barton) got killed off!! she was the most annoying character ever!! and she was way too skinny!! summer used to be super hot but she lost weight too. WTF!?!? i love my women to have curves!!
  • edited October 2006
    *sniff

only hav time to watch the odd sports game, and maybe prison break
  • edited October 2006
    The Office! It's taken a place in my heart since Six Feet Under is over now.
  • edited October 2006
    I am not kidding, I don't even feel proud about it, but I'm such a TV addict :D
    I watch...

Prison Break,
    House,
    Desperate Housewives,
    Grey's Anatomy,
    Lost,
    Boondocks,
    Boston Legal...

I'm sure there are some other ones too, but I just can't remember... and I watch them like every week and every episode of them =)

I'm such a tv addict :( someone help?
  • edited October 2006
    Mengs said:

I'm such a tv addict :( someone help?
    Cancel your cable and get a subscription to Zip.ca. That way you can watch all the movies (and TV shows on DVD) that you want, and not let television suck away your life.

I cancelled mine when I realized that I wasn't even watching anything good anymore...
  • edited October 2006
    Malakaiii said:
    Cancel your cable and get a subscription to Zip.ca. That way you can watch all the movies (and TV shows on DVD) that you want, and not let television suck away your life.

I cancelled mine when I realized that I wasn't even watching anything good anymore...

yeah, but the problem is that watching tv shows like that, I don't get them the day they come out :D this is crazy, but I have to watch them EVERY week :P
  • edited October 2006
    Mengs said:
    yeah, but the problem is that watching tv shows like that, I don't get them the day they come out :D this is crazy, but I have to watch them EVERY week :P
    Aha! Sounds like an addiction to me... ;)

The nice thing about watching shows on DVD is you can blast through an entire season in a week. I've been watching 2 episodes a day of The Office (okay, sometimes 3... haha).

At least this way I make my own schedule instead of having to drop doing something interesting (does anyone study anymore? ;) ) just to catch that show I like.

Maybe if you start watching some really good movies you might be able to rise above the mediocre level that TV is at.
  • edited October 2006
    yeah, when I just started Grey's Anatomy, I started when Season 2 ended... I watched both seasons (1 & 2) in 3 days :D

that was pretty crazy... same thing when I started naruto, but that's shit nowadays cos they are in fillers :)
  • edited October 2006
    im catching up on my lost season 2! ><'

Leave a Comment