To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

CRIM 101 w/ Barry Cartwright

edited April 2007 in General
Hey y'all

just wondering if Barry Cartwright is a good prof for CRIM 101.

BTW, is CRIM 101 an easy course?

thx

Comments

• edited April 2007
    cartwright is great.. i had him for crim 131 and really enjoyed that class... i had crim 101 with kinney and overall the course itself isn't hard.. with kinney he had his exams all coming out from the textbook... with cartwright tho.. most of his questions are based on his lecture notes (which are pretty good notes).. so go to lecture!!! or just get them off a classmate.. =) the course is doable without much effort.. just keep up with the readings..
  • edited April 2007
    hey, just wondering what the "tutorial presentation" is all about for Crim 101.
  • edited April 2007
    oh i had that for 131 too.. basically he'll probably have to present either a section of the chapter.. a case study or a reading from the tutorial reader.. it's just a 15-20 minute presentation where you present what you understand after reading and your thoughts then end it with discussion questions.. =) they'll probably have to sign up for presentation dates in the 2nd tutorial so go to them!! otherwise you'll get really krappy dates.. =)
  • edited April 2007
    15- 20 minutes??!?!

YOU HAVE TO BE JOKING, SIUYING!
  • edited April 2007
    well it's just an rough estimate.. usually 2-3 ppl present per tutorial.. trust me i thought it was bad too.. but time flew by quick.. =D

Leave a Comment