To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Books you are hoping to tackle over summer

edited April 2007 in General
1) Moby Dick by Herman Melville (failed at my first attempt).
2) War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
3)300 by Frank Miller (the graphic novel, just to see how close to the film it is).

Oh, and by the way, Frankenstein is a great read.

Comments

• edited April 2007
    I'll be reading on the beach in Thailand!

1. The Glass Castle
    2. Life of Pi
    3. Whatever I can find at the used bookstore on the islands. :teeth:
  • edited April 2007
    hopefully NONE!!
  • edited April 2007
    The definitive book of body language

I tried to buy it yesterday at chapters on Robson and Howe but there were no parking spots available. So I will buy it some other time.
  • edited April 2007
    Not even gonna lie about it but Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I am going to the midnight release with my brother and I am fer def pre-ordering it.

I also want to try and get through the Catcher and the Rye again, as well as High Ruhlain by Brian Jacques.
  • edited April 2007
    My calculus textbook lol

Seriously, ever since I grade'd from high school I haven't had any time to read books for leisure.
  • edited April 2007
    hmm.. it's gotta be laurell k hamilton's new installments on both her series.. X) they came out around january and i just didn't have the time to go to the bookstore to get it.. sit down and read.. =( so i'm definitely hoping to do relax with them in the summer.. =D and of course any good books ppl recommend me.. i really like outlandish things.. twisted themes and crime stores.. so holla at me if you got some! =)
  • edited April 2007
    Kevin M. said:
    My calculus textbook lol

Seriously, ever since I grade'd from high school I haven't had any time to read books for leisure.
    haha same here!

i want to tackle some of the classics, mainly Oscar Wilde.

although, i'll be busy during the summer too so i don't think i will get to do any reading :(
  • edited April 2007
    I bet I'll see some of you lounging by the SFU pond lost in your books...

Is anyone taking any English classes so that you HAVE TO read? I'm considering adding a Shakespeare class into the mix. If I'm gonna read I might as well get some credit for it :P
  • edited April 2007
    Smartso said:
    1) Moby Dick by Herman Melville (failed at my first attempt).
    2) War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
    3)300 by Frank Miller (the graphic novel, just to see how close to the film it is).

Oh, and by the way, Frankenstein is a great read.
    I sincerely wish you luck (and a lot of patience) with Tolstoy's "War and Peace" .
  • edited April 2007
    I'm half-way through Anna Karenina by Tolstoy, I started it over Winter Break but haven't made much head-way since Spring semester started. I would like to finish Anna Karenina, and read War and Peace (and maybe start Brian Bryson's A Short History of Nearly Everything)......oh and Life of Pi is amazing! hopefully you'll enjoy it as much as I did

Leave a Comment