To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

trying to get into a course, currently full!

edited April 2007 in General
Hey guyz

So I'm trying to get into English 199, but all the sections are currently full.
Is there a way I can get a spot in English 199? Does begging the prof help?

ideas are appreciated

Comments

• edited April 2007
    I'm assuming you are already on the waitlist? Depending on your place in line you may still get in!

And it couldn't hurt to email the prof and beg to get in. :wink:
  • edited April 2007
    ENGL 199 has always been a class hard to get into. I tried to get in for a few semesters but I finally gave up. I think the only way to really get in is by having an early registration date. It is a pretty intensive class, so I guess this keeps out the poorer students...just my guess
  • edited April 2007
    Beg the prof.
  • edited April 2007
    talk to the prof, but you need a good reason...for example if you need it for your degree or to graduate etc hint hint
  • edited April 2007
    yeah I've given up trying to get into ENGL 199.
    My friends that took it this semester said it was hella hard.

Well I got onto the waitlist for ENGL 101! (#1 on the waitlist too!!!)

thx for helpin
  • edited April 2007
    Isnt that university writing or w/e? Is there really a degree that requires this class?
  • edited April 2007
    intr3pid said:
    yeah I've given up trying to get into ENGL 199.
    My friends that took it this semester said it was hella hard.

Well I got onto the waitlist for ENGL 101! (#1 on the waitlist too!!!)

thx for helpin
    good! i think ENGL 101 seems more interesting than the material you learn in ENGL 199 (from what i've heard).

i think the ENGL 101 offered this past semester was about Fiction in the Blog Dimension, which sounded pretty interesting to me, since it seems the content would be fairly recent. i wanted to take it but my schedule couldnt fit it in. :(
  • edited April 2007
    This semester I couldn't get in either so I enrolled in Eng 199 by distance ed. (because that one is usually not full). Plus the English 199 classes on campus seemed a lot harder than the one by distance ed. Ya, so if you really want to take it try enrolling in the distance ed. one.

Leave a Comment