To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Cheap shot

edited April 2007 in General
I went to play soccer with some people from high school, and there was this short guy who's like super competitive. He had the skill, but he's cheap as hell. He tackles and takes dives and pulls people down and sh*t like that, and he ruins the game for everybody. I was marking him, and he repeatedly got in my face. He was like "you smoke too much weed and I can tell you got no stamina, so don't try so hard or you'll injure yourself." and some other stuff like that. The first few times I ignore him, but then it got increasingly irritating. He was coming down and I tackled him and got all ball, he jumped up in the air, and came down on my left knee on 1 foot and that hurt l ike hell. It's clearly intentional cause I saw him specially aiming at my knee, he was actually looking the whole time. So I was thinking "this guy just took a cheap shot at me, he could've broke my knee like that." and I decided that I gotta f*ck him up. The next time he was coming down and was trying to head the ball. I ran at full speed, got close to him and jumped at the same time as he did, as I was jumping towards him, I put my knee up and kneed him right in the chest. And he just flew like 10 feet away and was rolling in pain and couldn't get up for 20 minutes. I'm telling you, that was the one of the most satisfying thing I've done. I haven't hit someone that hard for a long time. I kinda feel guilty because I was twice his size. However, what he did was very dangerous and could've caused serious damage. Anyways, yeah. I hate cheap asses like that.

Comments

• edited April 2007
    NICE!
  • edited April 2007
    Life is not fair, get used to it
  • edited April 2007
    LOL good shit.

Me and my buddies play floor hockey and theres this one guy that plays with us that really pisses me off. We just play for fun so we ain't too rough but this guy runs around hacking and slashing someone anytime they get the ball...and on top of that he wears gloves and shin pads himself when the rest of us don't!? So last time we were playing, he was behind the net and the ball rolled into his feet and my friend came in there and just rolllled him over. It was so sweet I don't think he's comin out this week...woops haha
  • edited April 2007
    You must hate yourself then.
  • edited April 2007
    that has happened to me so many times (not necessarily while playing soccer), and I've always wanted to retaliate in some way but i've never had the guts :(
  • edited April 2007
    meesh said:
    that has happened to me so many times (not necessarily while playing soccer), and I've always wanted to retaliate in some way but i've never had the guts :(
    retaliate on girls or guys?

if it's guys i wont because you can have the honor of beating down some boys.

if it's girls, LET ME. i'll just PUNISH them. just.. PUNISH.
  • edited April 2007
    yikes.. that's dangerous.. o.O" i was one of the spectators in one of my friend's soccer game.. he dislocated his knee because some guy tackled him too.. and it wasn't a pretty sight.. =( anyway.. he was in a cast for nearly two months (thanks to that jerk).. so brownie points for tackling him down.. =D some ppl just have to learn things the hard way...
  • edited April 2007
    i dont get how 'cheapshotting' someone back makes things any better, sounds like ur intention was simply to give him the 'eye for an eye' treatment

play him aggressively, cuss him out, get him to fight u, whatever, cheapshotting someone doesnt make u any better imo
  • edited April 2007
    JayDub said:
    You must hate yourself then.
    What are you implying? I know I sank to his level when I kneed him in the chest, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Trash talking and getting physical is OK, as long as it's within the limits. A lot of people will try to get in their opponent's head, it's a strategy, but afterwards they shake hands and it's all good. However, trying to break someone's leg is totally unacceptable. There's a line and He crossed it by jumping on my knee, therefore I have the right to f*ck him up. And it's for his own good, because he has to learn that something like that is not right and can get him killed.
  • edited April 2007
    meh, an eye for an eye is the best philosophy to get ahead in life
  • edited April 2007
    "An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" -Ghandi

there was probably a better way of dealing with this guy but I understand the seriousness of what might of happened, my brother just had knee surgery for a torn ACL (a possibly career-ending injury) from playing soccer and he's out for at least 8 months before he can even play again
  • edited April 2007
    i actually had acl surgery about 4-5 years ago, still dont feel the same, really sucks :(
  • edited April 2007
    i don't know how many times i've heard those wise words of Ghandi.. =) nevertheless i find the world to be pretty much blind..
  • edited April 2007
    With all due respect, Ghandi was a fool. Sometimes war is necessary, you can't sit around with all the "peaceful protest". That's like a kid throwing a tantrum in the mall because his mom won't buy him a happy meal. Look what happened in China in 89, those guys tried to peacefully protest and what did the government do? They rolled out the tanks and mowed down all those motherfuckers with the machine guns. "peaceful protest' only works if you're dealing with civilized people who believes in human rights.

Leave a Comment