To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

I just bought a Guitar!!!!!! :)

edited March 2007 in General
Hey guys,
does anyone here play the guitar? I'm soo happy i finally got one, i've wanted one for years. I've been practicing like theres no tomarow. Just one question, are the tips of my fingers supposed to feel numb?

Comments

• edited March 2007
    im so jealous.. its like one of those things i wanted to try for sooo long, but i dont think i will get a chance to (the closest ive come is guitar hero heh)
  • edited March 2007
    Neat! It's a really cool hobby.

And yes, your fingers are supposed to feel numb until they build up callouses.
  • edited March 2007
    What kind of guitar did you get? Acoustic? Electric? And what brand?
  • edited March 2007
    mmm guitar :)

i had to sell mine away to pay for school. fuck. will get a better one when i have some moola tho!
  • edited March 2007
    Magnificent_Bastard said:
    What kind of guitar did you get? Acoustic? Electric? And what brand?

I got an acoustic, but I definately want to get an electric one in the future. I only had 20 minutes to choose one because the store was closing up. I got a Northland acoustic with a cut out. :)
    yay!

.... and whats this about Calluses????
  • edited March 2007
    Guitar eh? I've always wanted to play guitar...but I've been playing drums for a few years instead. Someone should organize a jam session. I've only gotten to play with other people a couple times but it was definitely alot of fun.

About calluses...you'll defintely get them from playing guitar...especially if you're not using a pick.
  • edited March 2007
    I have an electric and acoustic with me. I've been playing on and off for a bit, so I'm not very good at all. I know a few songs but mostly play it just during leisure time. I'd certainly like to get better at it, but I find I don't have the motivation to sit down for several hours a day to practice.

Jamming is cool though, just need a bass player too =P
  • edited March 2007
    hahaa..well if anyone's ever up for it or knows a way to organize it, I'd be down for that.
  • edited March 2007
    k so i'm getting worried, is calluses inevitable? I just looked at some pictures of calluses on google, and its nasty looking. Its really scary, i'm adding it to the list of things i'm scared of... :(
  • edited March 2007
    i played the violin and i got some major calluses...it happens with string instruments..
    my calluses weren't that bad. most of the time it's more like...hardened skin on the tips of your fingers...well at least that's how mine was.
  • edited March 2007
    hey, the thing about calluses.

ladies, you wouldn't want them on a guys hands would you?
  • edited March 2007
    way to make him worry more haha.
  • edited March 2007
    schroed said:
    way to make him worry more haha.

I'm a girl :)

Leave a Comment