To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

DTP 2007

edited March 2007 in General
Last year's poster
webad_van.jpg
www.driventoperform.ca said:

Prompted by an overwhelming demand from sport compact enthusiasts and fans, the aftermarket automobile industry has undergone a tremendous and unprecedented growth with no indication of slowing down. The game of transforming yesterdays timid econoboxes and grocery getters into fierce menacing road warriors has given rise to the insatiable hunger to be the best of the best. The desire to be original and different has created the need for creative imagination and innovative ideas. Wild aerodynamic enhancements and paint schemes, customized interiors and conversions, the biggest wheels, insane sound systems, and ungodly performance upgrades will garner the most attention.

The aftermarket automobile culture has taken on a life of its own WORLDWIDE. The craze has not stopped with sport compact vehicles, rather it has blossomed into a new and growing culture to include sport bikes, sport utility vehicles, vans, wagons and domestic vehicles abroad. This new culture has not only spawned the natural fusion between both the mobile electronics and the aftermarket automobile industries, rather it has evolved into a lifestyles event encompassing the interests of the mass public, both male and female, young and old. What has traditionally been an event to unite enthusiasts and their passion for modifying vehicles has now been revolutionized. This new phenomenon now incorporates interactive zones, urban lifestyles, modeling expos, extreme sports and featured performers.

In 2007, Envision Events Inc. in cooperation with V8less will bring B.C. and Alberta the Driven to Perform Event presented by Toyo Tires, brought to you by Futureshop, Mobil 1 and Honda. This will be the sixth annual event that will highlight leading aftermarket parts and consumer and mobile electronics manufacturers/retailers, exhibit and vehicle display booths. The events Lifestyles section will feature Hip Hop Dance and Break Dance competitions, high profile DJ's and performers, fashion shows, model searches, electronics gaming interactive zones and much much more.

Located between two major thoroughfares leading into downtown Vancouver; B.C. Place Stadium is the gateway to the city's major business and entertainment community. Easily accessible by bus, rapid transit or vehicle, B.C. Place Stadium places the Driven to Perform Event in the center of the action with immediate access to all business, retail and entertainment elements. B.C. Place Stadium is located within walking distance of more than 6,700 hotel rooms and Robson Street, Vancouver's premiere shopping district within a few blocks along safe, active streets, who says location isn't everything?

B.C. Place Stadium features 167,000 sq. ft. of column-free exhibit space on the main floor, unlimited ceiling height and floor load, plus all the essential services.

Event Information
Date: Saturday, June 23, 2007
City: Vancouver, B.C. Canada
Venue: BC Place Stadium
Show Hours: 2pm-11pm

Admission Price:
$17.00 (Adults 12+)
$8.00 (Children 4-11)
FREE (Infants 3 and under)
FREE (Seniors 65 or better with ID)
(note: tickets available at the gate on event day only)

Roll-In Date: Friday, June 22, 2007
Exhibitor Roll-In: 10am - 6pm (East Airlock)
Vehicle Roll in: 6pm - 10pm (East Airlock)
Venue: BC Place Stadium

Fuel Requirement:
Your vehicle must have less than 1/4 tank of fuel in order to enter premises.

Move-Out Date:
Saturday June 23th 11pm-1am (ALL Displays and Vehicles MUST be moved out by 1am the same night).

Venue Location
BC Place Stadium
777 Pacific Blvd.
Vancouver, B.C.
V6B 4Y8

Comments

• edited March 2007
    I'm there I can't wait till summer
  • edited March 2007
    im there, might be supporting my neighbor with his 900hp twin turbo/supercharged chevy cobalt ss
  • edited March 2007
    Jimmy Tung said:
    im there, might be supporting my neighbor with his 900hp twin turbo/supercharged chevy cobalt ss
    that is dope haha, just dont want those jackasses redlining those things causing a ruckus like last couple years. they need more restrictions on that shit when exhibitors do that.
  • edited March 2007
    illicit said:
    that is dope haha, just dont want those jackasses redlining those things causing a ruckus like last couple years. they need more restrictions on that shit when exhibitors do that.
    haha
    vrOOm....waHHHHhh.....PsHHshshshHSSH

(had to do it lol)
  • edited March 2007
    he has a blow off valve on that thing. must sound tank.

sucks to live next to him? too much of a noise?

and its more of.. vrooooOOOOmmm.. psssssuuuuuuuuuuuuu VRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOmm ppsssuuuuu
  • edited March 2007
    So all the cars are local? Will there be any of those import models there, cause when I go to car shows, I would mostly focus on the girls.
  • edited March 2007
    El_Cambumbo said:
    So all the cars are local? Will there be any of those import models there, cause when I go to car shows, I would mostly focus on the girls.
    '

you know it. that's part of the show, the models. thats how they get half the customers.

the list of models is still being populated at this moment, but dont worry, they never dissappoint.
  • edited March 2007
    illicit said:
    he has a blow off valve on that thing. must sound tank.

sucks to live next to him? too much of a noise?

and its more of.. vrooooOOOOmmm.. psssssuuuuuuuuuuuuu VRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOmm ppsssuuuuu
    yeah loud ass blow off valve, and he also has the stock supercharger along with the twin turbos thus waHHHHH. I love living beside him lol, gives me a reason to suck up to drive his car

supercharger then BOV = Pure Sex

vRROOOOM.....WaaaaaaHhhhHh.....PhshshhhHHuuu
  • edited March 2007
    Haha, you must be the guy from RS.

How can the car be turbo'd/ twin charged? that's 3 different sources feeding air into the cylinders? I've heard of turbo/sc'ed WRX's but two turbos and a super doesn't seem right? Correctme if I'm wrong.

How strong are the blocks on those...900 HP from like a 2l four banger must have required some insane custom internal work!!

DTP sounds cool though, my friend is entering his insane lemanz 350z so maybe I'll go see it :D

PS Jimmy...you go to the RS meet last week?
  • edited March 2007
    schroed said:

revscene is so distinct haha. i love reading through the fightclub.

daym i found this on one of the threads, just wow. it's an RX-7 converted into a ferrari

p4.jpg

p4.jpg
  • edited March 2007
    schroed said:

How can the car be turbo'd/ twin charged? that's 3 different sources feeding air into the cylinders? I've heard of turbo/sc'ed WRX's but two turbos and a super doesn't seem right? Correctme if I'm wrong.

How strong are the blocks on those...900 HP from like a 2l four banger must have required some insane custom internal work!!

DTP sounds cool though, my friend is entering his insane lemanz 350z so maybe I'll go see it :D

PS Jimmy...you go to the RS meet last week?
    my neighbor first bought the car in 2005, next day he ripped everything out; engine, drive train, suspension, interior. Its now 2007 and he just got is engine back begining of this month (march), if u do the math, his engine was in the shop for 2 years upgrading the internals ans stuff to handle that much h/p and he RWD converted it. Last time i saw his boost gauge he was running 30 psi safely.

and the RS meet, sadly no :( the day before (saturday) i was putting my rims/wheels on and was driving it to the shop to get an alignment but on the way i blew a control arm bushing....fack....i persume u went?

Leave a Comment