To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Where do you live and why?

edited March 2007 in General
At home? At school? On your own? And how old are you?

I still live at home and I am 21 years old. I'd love to move out but this works well for me because I'm still in school and don't pay rent.

I plan on moving out in a few years when I've saved some money up.

What about the rest of you?

Comments

• edited March 2007
    I'm 25 and I live with my parents but the house is under my name and I pay the mortgage. Why do I live with my parents? That's b/c family is important.

On the other hand, I might move to a different city though once I'm done with my professional certification.
  • edited March 2007
    I'm 23 and I live with my boyfriend (he's 24). We've lived together for 4 years.

I live with him in the apartment he owns in East Van. I'd prefer to live somewhere nicer, but this one is gaining value really fast so it's worth it to hang in here for a bit longer and sell it to make a profit!

Renting really stinks... it's like throwing money away!
  • edited March 2007
    22, live at home

love to live on my own, but kinda hard right now just doin pt and still having to pay for school
  • edited March 2007
    I live at home and its awesome! I live out of town though so it kinda sucks having to drive to school all the time, but I got used to it over time and having nice home cooked meals is definitely a bonus. I might get a place out there agian for fall semester so if anyones looking for a roomate gimme a shout ;)

@noname, totally agree bro family is something that you can't replace. props for taking care of yours
  • edited March 2007
    i just moved from surrey to burnaby with my parents so i'ld be closer to good ol simon fraser. I'm 19. and i plan to move to toronto when i'm 25
  • edited March 2007
    18. still living with parents out in Maple Ridge (sigh) thats a ~1hr30min transit on a good day. plan to stick out with my parents till i finish my degree then go whereever the military takes me to.
  • edited March 2007
    Bhambra said:
    i just moved from surrey to burnaby with my parents so i'ld be closer to good ol simon fraser. I'm 19. and i plan to move to toronto when i'm 25
    Toronto? :S

Why do you know where your going to live 6 years from now lol
  • edited March 2007
    I duno, that's just my goal. I've gota truckload of family there, and its my favorite vacation spot so it seems like a good choice.
  • edited March 2007
    Ahh icic

OR you just wanna get as far away from surrey as possible :P
  • edited March 2007
    I think it depend upon the individual or the circumstances under which he/she
    live. If you ask a question most of the ppl say its fun to live on our own (away from parents ). for me I think its a gud experience if you are pretty mature to handle your things properly.
  • edited March 2007
    I'm 31 now, and have been living in apartments on my own since the age of 19 - that is, not living with the parental units, who live on Vancouver Island in any case.

I like the independence (although it comes at a cost), and where I am currently living is in Burnaby. It's very close to SFU and that is the primary reason I picked where I am now. :smile:
  • edited March 2007
    Thind is right, living alone requires a great deal of maturity and discipline. I hate to sound like an old man but its true. Last year I experimented with living on rez but I quickly realized it was impossible to get anything productive done other than socialize. If I study in my room, people keep coming over, if i study at school i see people from my classes and we order pizza and chat it up and at the library all I see is pretty girls! What can I do so I move back home this year and study in my room all by my lonessome..it works for me :)
  • edited March 2007
    JohnnyBoy said:
    Ahh icic

OR you just wanna get as far away from surrey as possible :P

damn, youre good.:embarassed:
  • edited March 2007
    Kevin M. said:
    Thind is right, living alone requires a great deal of maturity and discipline. I hate to sound like an old man but its true. Last year I experimented with living on rez but I quickly realized it was impossible to get anything productive done other than socialize. If I study in my room, people keep coming over, if i study at school i see people from my classes and we order pizza and chat it up and at the library all I see is pretty girls! What can I do so I move back home this year and study in my room all by my lonessome..it works for me :)
    schwing!

Leave a Comment