To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

crim 230 and crim 355?

edited March 2007 in General
has anyone taken crim 230 with Simon Verdun-Jones before? what's your take on it? i'm trying to decide whether to take DE this summer or wait for this lectures.. i've been told he's really good.. so does he live up to it?

crim 355 is on forensics.. the reason why i'm taking crim courses anyway.. X) and i feel i would've wasted it if i took DE and not the lecture.. for anyone who's taken the course (in DE or in person) what's it like? which do you prefer?

Comments

• edited March 2007
    I'm in 355 right now, they mark the midterm pretty hard. Besides that, its alright

And yes, Simon is great. Take it with him.
  • edited March 2007
    My advice:

230 DO NOT take it with Verdun-Jones. He makes the course infinitely harder than it has to be. I mean you can have a great prof and a hard class or something potentially easier with no prof, which is distance. Go with distance.

355 I've taken in class. And gawdawaful is right, the midterm was hard; and from someone who's taken it already, the exam is even harder (cumulative exam=cruel and inhumane)!! I didn't do badly on either though and if you study the lecture notes (might as well throw away the book), it isn't that hard. Just get every point and review the lectures on-line and you should be fine.

Leave a Comment