To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Longest Amount of time you stayed up for

edited March 2007 in General
I haven't slept in 33 hrs now since yesterday.

What is the longest period of time you managed to stay awake for?

Comments

• edited March 2007
    79 hours. Personal record.

Labs and projects. Rockstar was my best friend.

EDIT: And midterms. Can't forget about those bloody things.
  • edited March 2007
    70 hours.
    most messed up time of my life.
  • edited March 2007
    My record is probably in the 40's somewhere, I wouldn't last any more than that, I'd probably die.

My record for amount of sleep is 24 hours straight, though. Quite an achievement.
  • edited March 2007
    i havnt kept tabs, but im usually pretty bad at it, 30s?
  • edited March 2007
    Mine is pretty long. I got up for work early in the morning, worked all day, caught a midnight plane to Chicago, then walked around the city all that day, went to a concert and went to sleep at about 3am. So that would make about 45 hours or so and I was doing a lot of walking and not just slouching around! Plus I wrote an essay for school while I was on the plane.

Those were good times. :teeth:
  • edited March 2007
    hahaa.. you have me to catch you from below imelting.. mine is just right on 30..
  • edited March 2007
    I went out with my friends on a friday night once, and didn't end up sleeping all weekend lol... We hit up a club then hung out at UBC for the night with some girls from res, got home at 10 that morning and realized i had relatives over from the states so spent the rest of the weekend partying with them KRAYZ times... and still passed my midterm that tuesday somehow

It was fun but I never put myself through that again ;)
  • edited March 2007
    Kevin M. said:
    and still passed my midterm that tuesday somehow
    Key word here...
  • edited March 2007
    two and a half days. your contacts get all nasty so you have to take em out and rinse them a few times.
  • edited March 2007
    I went on a coke binge once and stayed up for 3 days. But that probably don't count. Since I was high on that stuff.

Leave a Comment