To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

any ENGL course?

edited March 2007 in General
has anyone taken any english course?

any comment about it?

dont really wanna do "essay" things,,,,,

any recommend???????????????

Comments

• edited March 2007
    As far as I know, essays factor into every English course.

They also appear in MANY other courses, and if you take a basic English course, you will improve your essay skills... so it would be worth it to learn! :smile:
  • edited March 2007
    come to think of it, i never took one ENGL course during my whole university career.. and im gonna keep it that way :D
  • edited March 2007
    Most if not all English courses have an essay component since it is such a writing intensive course. I think the whole theme for the past couple of years has been to make courses at SFU more writing intensive. For fucks' sake I had to write summaries in my BISC302 (genetics) class...a science class!

I guess I'd recommend taking poetry if you really need the credits because their is little to read so the essays you have to hand in tend to require less length
  • edited March 2007
    I would guess that the ENGL courses without the "W" would be less writing intensive...

I took ENGL 101W last semester and it wasn't THAT bad, cuz we got to read contemporary novels. Only two essays and a literary review. And I heard ENGL 105 (Lit and Culture) this semester was about horror novels, so if you're into that stuff, it might make writing a bit for exciting for you.

Leave a Comment