To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

edited March 2007 in General
I've been hearing a lot of hype about the movie 300 but is it really that good? I agree the graphics and visuals look awesome but I doubt it really has a lot of substance...nothing I haven't already seen. Anyone watch it yet?

Comments

• edited March 2007
    I already posted this in the movie thread, but here ya go. :smile:

My friend went to see 300 last night and gave it a thumbs down. He's a HUGE comicbook fan, and really likes Frank Miller, but he said that apart from the special effects, the movie was lacking. He said it was basically highly stylized fighting scenes set to rock ballads. My friends are coming into town to see it in the IMAX next week, but based on his review, I'll skip it.
  • edited March 2007
    I might go and see it next week. I love IMAX films. I still remember going to IMAX back in elementary school and I thought those were some of the best field trips. Going to the symphony wasn't bad too. These are some of the things I would of never done if it weren't for school field trips so thanks to that.

So if I do have time to watch it next week I'll let you know how it went.
  • edited March 2007
    I didn't watch it, but a bunch of my guy friends went to see it on opening night and now they won't stop talking about it.
  • edited March 2007
    I really enjoyed it actually. I was quite interested in the story about the Spartan way of life. I also liked that the Spartan women weren't powerless in their society and are allowed to speak for themselves. Also, I thought the colour was really interesting and the rock music during the fight scenes was quite cool.
  • edited March 2007
    Careful! The movie was not intended to be a history lesson, but was based VERY loosely off of Spartan history...
  • edited March 2007
    Hey I just saw the movie last night. I really thought it was rad! I mean, its no LOTR or other such great movie. But I mean, what do you really expect. Its a movie, based on a comic book, about guys who hack eachother to bits with swords. There is very little else.

So to say that it was a bad movie??? It was great, I saw people getting hacked to bits very stylishly. The movie, in my opinion, fulfilled all aspects that it should have. So, in my opinion, it was a good movie.

plus it was super refreshing to watch too, the action sequences were very unique and not boring or hard to understand.

I did however feel that some of the shots of naked females were a bit off theme. But... I cant really complain all that much.
  • edited March 2007
    Krazy_Konrad said:
    plus it was super refreshing to watch too, the action sequences were very unique and not boring or hard to understand.
    rofl.gif

Phew yeah, those action sequences lately are just TOO confusing. I don't even know who is killing who anymore. Gosh. :wink:

Leave a Comment