To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

ONLINE TAX-filing out of service

edited March 2007 in General
http://www.ufile.ca/

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/agency/updates/eservices-e.html

Facts for Taxpayers
Currently, you cannot file your personal return electronically by NETFILE, TELEFILE or EFILE. Until the problem is resolved, we cannot process returns filed on paper, or returns filed electronically before the system interruption. Refunds will be delayed until processing is resumed.

We expect that all benefit payments, including the March 20 Universal Child Care Benefit and Canada Child Tax Benefit and the April 5 Goods and Services Tax / Harmonized Sales Tax Credit, will be made on time and without interruption.

If you have already filed your income tax return electronically, the CRA will be able to determine whether the filing of your return was affected by this problem.

It is too soon to speculate on whether the filing deadline will be extended. The CRA fully expects to restore all services well in advance of the filing deadline.

Most features on My Account are functioning normally. However, the following My Account services are currently not available: view account balance and statement of account; view instalments; change my return; change my address; and, arrange my direct deposit.

Electronic services for businesses, including My Business Account, are not directly impacted. There are no problems with employer remittances of payroll deductions, Goods and Services Tax/ Harmonized Sales Tax (GST/HST) remittances, or the Business Number registration system.

While the system problem affects the processing of many incoming payments, GST payments can still be processed. You should continue to make your payments as follows:

In person at your financial institution.
Online using your financial institution's Internet or telephone banking service.
By sending your payment to the CRA by mail.

Leave a Comment