To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

High school summer school

edited March 2007 in General
Hey guys.

As a few of you may know, I just moved here from Alberta...
Not quite sure how the summer school thing works in B.C. so please help me out.
I have to register my brother in summer school.. he's in grade 11 right now.
Do you know where he can take summer courses? We live in Burnaby so somewhere close to Metro/Joyce-ish is preferable.
Please list any websites or any info.
Also, how many courses can a student take in summer school? In Alberta, the max was 1.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• edited March 2007
    I'm not sure what school district Metro/Joyce-ish belongs to, but if you go there and look up continuing education you should find some information on summer school. I think you can take more than one class in summer school; I vaguely remembered my friends doing it.
  • edited March 2007
    I'm not really familiar with the high schools in those areas...though i know that Vancouver Technical always offers a lot of summer courses.
    as for the number of classes, i've known people who have taken two courses but i think most students just take one.
  • edited March 2007
    Go to the website of your brother's school district and there should be a link to summer school website. I think it is allowed to take 2 courses but preferably it should be one. Apply early because summer schools fills up fast.
  • edited March 2007
    I went to Burnaby South and have taken summer school courses there. Best bet would probably be for your bro to go to his school office and ask for a summer school program guide. I think that's how it works.. it's been awhile so I don't remember too clearly :p

Leave a Comment