To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Asian Guy in my class - cute need help

edited November 2006 in General
hey guys! Ok well so I like this asian guy in one of my classes. We recently got paired for a project together and I was like holy crap.. he's cute, nice, funny, and but kinda academically slow...So that's pretty cool right. When I talked to him he was looking in my eyes he quickly looked away.. Well, the project's over and I like him. I don't EVER get the guys I like so I need some major help. I don't sit by him, don't hang out with the same people.

Here's my question. How do I communicate that i'm interested in him and not make it weird if I go up and talk to him.i'm a blonde caucasian girl, do asian guy like blondes? But now I don't have any reason to talk to him. And how do I get him to be interested in me and ask me out? I know there's not a way to guarantee that it will happen but advice and tips would be nice. Thanks! Responses would be nice!

~Becs~

Comments

• edited September 2006
    Ask him out, be up front.
  • edited September 2006
    yeah or ask him if he wants to "study" wit u for the midterm... that always works!
  • edited September 2006
    Yeah, asking him to study would definitely be cool. Or ask him to hang out in a really casual way-- like, not on a date. Or just strike up a couple conversations with him, and then ask him out.

And don't, don't ask him anything as silly as "do asian guys like blondes". Please. No type likes a type. It'll make you sound like an ignorant bigot, then he'll be sure to say no.

ANd just a hint: almost everybody likes blondes! hehe! (Spoken by a blonde. Go figure.)
  • edited September 2006
    Casual conversation about whatever works wonders. You guys are going to be working side by side for this project, so it shouldn't be too hard! :smile: Asking him to help study might actually get the ball rolling as far as getting to hang out with him without sounding too obvious. Good luck!
  • edited September 2006
    do you have his msn? You could be like, well if we ever need help on hw, we can always call or message each other. something to that extent and just talk to him more. When you find that things are going smooth and things are starting to favour, progress from there. good luck =)
  • edited September 2006
    You know what, just skip all of that and go, "hey, wanna fuck?" Always works.
  • edited September 2006
    misteranswer said:

Haha I liked that one! But no seriously..all that stuff people are saying about trying to edge your way in there by talking about studying etc, I don't really think it works. It'll lead you on while you go through the ups and downs of feeling like you're making/not making headway, and in the mean time, do you actually think he won't know what's going on? So many times guys have tried that on me at school and it's soooooooooo obvious..I'd prefer if they just told me flat out that they were interested...

If you just tell him,then it will give him the opportunity to tell you what he thinks about it without dragging it on forever. Plus, if you don't end up getting any closer with him, you'll kick yourself later for not being upfront about it.
  • edited September 2006
    I never really thought Caucasian girls like Asians. Perhaps it's the culture, but I suppose I just thought that Caucasians just stick with Caucasians. I mean I've seen Caucasians going out with Asians but it's a rarity compared to the Caucasians going out with non-Caucasian foreigners (excluding Asians...so hispanic people, black people, etc.) Please understand I'm not trying to be racist, but I found PoliChik87's situation as something I haven't seen before. That's all. Any thoughts on this?

Btw, this is my first post on TalkSFU. :smile:
  • edited September 2006
    misteranswer said:
    I guarantee that'll work...if not he's fuckin gay
  • edited September 2006
    yeah that might work at the expense of his respect for u!
  • edited September 2006
    Argento77 said:
    I never really thought Caucasian girls like Asians. Perhaps it's the culture, but I suppose I just thought that Caucasians just stick with Caucasians. I mean I've seen Caucasians going out with Asians but it's a rarity compared to the Caucasians going out with non-Caucasian foreigners (excluding Asians...so hispanic people, black people, etc.) Please understand I'm not trying to be racist, but I found PoliChik87's situation as something I haven't seen before. That's all. Any thoughts on this?
    Hey i'm Asian and i totally dig white girls.. i don't think in this time of day there really is any issues wit interracial relationships so its all good.. and of course it is still "rare" but its not like a shock or something.. maybe its odd with the asian guys who are more fresh but i mean i lived in Vancity my whole life n ive had few white gfs.. they were both brunettes and totally cooler than any other girls i dated, u know since they are open to different ppl i found they were acutally more easy to get along wit.. and as a end note i dont think theres any guy that doesnt think blondes are damn HOT!
  • edited October 2006
    just try to be his frend mmmm chat with him the best way of knwoing something about someone just make him comfortable whenever that person is with u

BEST OF LUCK
  • edited October 2006
    Hey girlfriend:)
    Well of course asians like us whites, I mean as a gay man, I am attracted to asians guys and I know they like us. I was in the same boat as you before, there was a cute asian guy in my class and he gave me this cute look and I just started talking something silly ....probably about shopping or something so anyway we ended up going out for coffee...see thats a good start. Well give that a try, and if he turns out to be a GAM, then send him my way :)

Thanx.
  • edited October 2006
    what Chinese Canadian said, except minus the "I've had white gfs in the past" bit

in fact, minus the "I've had gfs in the past bit" :P
  • edited November 2006
    PoliChic87 said:
    hey guys! Ok well so I like this asian guy in one of my classes. We recently got paired for a project together and I was like holy crap.. he's cute, nice, funny, and but kinda academically slow...So that's pretty cool right. When I talked to him he was looking in my eyes he quickly looked away.. Well, the project's over and I like him. I don't EVER get the guys I like so I need some major help. I don't sit by him, don't hang out with the same people.

Here's my question. How do I communicate that i'm interested in him and not make it weird if I go up and talk to him.i'm a blonde caucasian girl, do asian guy like blondes? But now I don't have any reason to talk to him. And how do I get him to be interested in me and ask me out? I know there's not a way to guarantee that it will happen but advice and tips would be nice. Thanks! Responses would be nice!

~Becs~

What are the chances that this asian guy is me ??

I'm asian....LOL

Leave a Comment