To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

skytrain fine has opposite effect

edited March 2007 in General
I assume this is where I put in my 2 bits about the insanly high skytrain fine. I got a ticket couple weeks ago on the Broadway skytrain platform just as I came out of the elevator. I actually had a bus pass, but for one reason or another I didn't have it with me. This was when I found out the ticket amount. Anyway, bottom line is Translink thinks the increase in fine would act as a deterrant for fare evasion, maybe it works for some of you, but ever since I got the ticket, I haven't paid anything for riding the skytrain. To me, this rediculous fine has given me great incentive to take advantage of the system any way I can (ie. fare evasion.). I figure after 3 months of not paying I'll call it even.

Comments

• edited February 2007
    How much IS the fine? And not paying it will not stop them from ticketing you again...

Where is your U-Pass?
  • edited March 2007
    I think its like $173 or something (called "Failure to Produce fare" or something)........speaking from experience, effing transit cops and the west coast express
  • Pro
    edited March 2007
    did you give them your real name and info?
  • edited March 2007
    The last time I took the skytrain I saw a couple of ladies in business suit getting fined by the transit police.
  • edited March 2007
    How exactly would they make you pay? If they asked me, I'd say I dont have any personal ID on me, or I left my wallet at home and just give them an old address like when I was 5 years old. I can still remember it, so if they ask me to repeat the address, it wouldnt seem like I was lying.

Leave a Comment