To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

Anybody watch the oscars?

edited March 2007 in General
Any big shit go down? Fill a brother in

Comments

• edited February 2007
    Here is the winners list.

It was a pretty dull show, I have to say! I've watched The Oscars every year since I was a baby, so it's a tradition... even when they are dull.

The only cool thing was they had these shadow puppet people who would roll around behind a screen and form things like penguins and vans using only their bodies. It was REALLY neat.

Oh, and they did Snakes on a Plane! hahaha

snakes_on_a_plane.jpg
  • edited February 2007
    The Departed FTW!!!
  • edited February 2007
    a lady smooched her wife when she got an oscar.. i can't remember her name but her song from "an inconveinient truth" got an award.. oh and Al Gore trying to pull off the "my fellow americans" act but got dinged was funny.. but other than that yeah it was pretty dull.. no oohs and aahhs with the fashion either...which sucks.. =(
  • edited February 2007
    siuying said:
    a lady smooched her wife when she got an oscar.. i can't remember her name but her song from "an inconveinient truth" got an award.. oh and Al Gore trying to pull off the "my fellow americans" act but got dinged was funny.. but other than that yeah it was pretty dull.. no oohs and aahhs with the fashion either...which sucks.. =(
    ah you mean Melissa Etheridge and her wife?

i think the oscars are pretty dull in general. but i can't help but tune it either :) i thought ellen degeneres was alright as a host, maybe because i think her sense of humour is kinda funny.
    but watching recipients of "Best costume", etc etc is too hard to sit through.
  • edited February 2007
    I was bored so I turned em on but they bored me even more so I got drunk...so there
  • edited February 2007
    TiNgLu_SiNgH said:
    I was bored so I turned em on but they bored me even more so I got drunk...so there
    I like the way you think. :beer:
  • edited February 2007
    any reason to :beer:, is a good reason to :beer:

:angel:
  • edited March 2007
    Bleh... I'm surprised the Departed won Best Picture... maybe I'm biased cuz I watched the original HK film and thought it was 10000000x better.
  • edited March 2007
    The HK film was really good, but I think The Departed is a totally different movie. It's made to appeal more to the american audience. Infernal Affairs was really tame compared to any mobster/mafia film made in Hollywood, not to mention a film by Scorcese.

Plus I think The Departed developed on the characters more than Infernal Affairs. You learn more about the history of the main characters, unlike Infernal Affairs, where it just seemed like the characters were placed in their positions. But that's the way chinese people like their movies. Simple, easy to understand, and not too much plot development. Plus they don't appreciate all of the violence and swearing too much.
  • Pro
    edited March 2007
    i heard jennifer hudson had a waldrobe malfunction.
  • edited March 2007
    Hahaa... her bra was sticking out of her dress... no biggie, but it must be embarrassing to be seen like that on international television.

Leave a Comment