To take part in discussions on talkSFU, please apply for membership (SFU email id required).

major for law school?

edited February 2007 in General
Im going to major in accounting and considering law school. Do u think that choosing a second major (BA) will help me in LSAT. I think that Economics will be a good choice since its sort of in the same category and will help me if law school won't work. What do u think? any other majors?

Comments

• edited February 2007
    My crim 135 prof told us last semester that it really doesn't matter what you take during undergrad. In fact, he said the top student in his graduating law school class was a bio major. You could take 1 major, and then work on practice tests/ take an lsat course closer on I would think.
  • edited February 2007
    Thanks schroed..I've heard it doesn't matter what kind of degree you do to get into law school but it doesnt make sense to me how you can go from learning biology to learning about legal issues in law school but I guess I should be fine according to your prof :D
  • edited February 2007
    Choosing economics as a backup plan is a good idea, if you enjoy economics and think you'll do very well but I don't think theres any specific classes that would help you for the lsat other than kaplan type lsat prep courses.
  • edited February 2007
    Hey Judy, I would assume that general logic courses such as philosophy would be of some help since the LSAT has several logic sections

Leave a Comment